RetroArch PC releases

@hunterk

Thanks for info , i will look for update. and no i havnt testing KMS for now but i’ll in waiting the repair of my motherboard , as intel gm45 is poor.

BTW , after looking change of github i figure out the problematic commit , i thinks the poor intel GM45 not supporting GL_RGB565 like the old ati card . So i do the same hack like Maister did for the ATI , and now it’s work like before , so 16bit color core works slower , but works on my temporaly intel card .

https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/c … 1c311600c1

Edit:

I 've updated my intel driver using https://launchpad.net/~glasen/+archive/intel-driver and now everything works great , no pb anymore with GL_RGB565 no hack needed .

Sweet! Glad you got it worked out :smiley:

@hunterk

I ve just tested the KMS mode , seems to works good , give me +10% speed than X on heavy game like ridgeracer (although always not fullseep with the poor intel 915 ) .

the only pb remain it’s that i failed to enable shaders on KMS ( but they works with X) , i get :

RetroArch [ERROR] :: Invalid profile type
RetroArch [WARN] :: [GL]: Failed to set multipass shader. Falling back to stock.
RetroArch [ERROR] :: Invalid profile type
RetroArch [ERROR] :: Setting RGUI CGP failed.

but maybe the intel card is just too poor.

Edit: Ok , forgive this one :slight_smile: , i’ve just reread the doc and notice that in kms mode , shaders have to be glsl ! Tested with glsl and works great !

Ubuntu 14.04 (fresh install) with latest ati proprietary driver, I can’t get “libretro-pcsx-rearmed 0.1~filthypants8” to work (segfault error). However I installed filthypants7 release from the precise repo and it’s working. I also noticed that Retroarch’s icon in Unity launcher still has the old space invaders logo.

Any chance on Mupen64 on 32bit systems? I saw in Hunter K’s PPA that all i386 versions failed to compile. Last thing, why there isn’t a Retroarch Linux thread? Thanks for all your hard work, I love Retroarch!

Yeah, pcsx-rearmed isn’t really stable or usable on PC. I probably shouldn’t even have those packages up there, tbh.

I’ve tried a few times to update the icon but it never wants to take for some reason. It’s about time to push out some updates, though, so I’ll take another stab at it. Likewise, I couldn’t coax the launchpad buildfarm to build mupen with dynarecs for 64-bit and 32-bit from the same time, but it’s been quite awhile since I tried it, so I’m overdue for giving it another shot.

As for the lack of a linux subforum, we figured the ‘general’ subforum was good enough, but maybe not :slight_smile:

Thanks for your time. The previous pcsx rearmed is working great, I don’t know what changed in the new version. Sorry, I can’t be of much help, I hope you manage to add the missing cores to linux. Retroarch is wonderful!

edit: after updating retroarch I can see the new icon.

Is 1.0.0.3 beta still being released before the weekends out, or has there been a delay again?

Finishing touches are happening right now. We’re getting the cores and assets built right now and the RetroArch builds will be finished soon after that. Whenever they’re all ready and put together, we’ll put them up for download.

Nice, will there be a build that works for OpenElec (XBMC)?

As far as I know, OpenElec uses it’s own packaging system and has it’s own addon system, so don’t count on it

Ah thats a shame, can it be easily complied?

http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php?title … DVB_sample

Damn, still happening in the 11/23/14 build. Must either be a corrupt config file, I’m mismatching the two-day old core versions with newer RA versions, I don’t know. Frustration…rising. I don’t know how it can work in 1.0.0.2 but not in 1.0.0.3 beta.