RetroArch Perfomance using the XMB vs Frontend

Well i just found out a really weird thing, when i open retroarch and launch a game via retro arch’s XMB i get a very poor perfomance at Snes9x Core, but when i use a frontend to launch the game (using the same core) i get much better perfomance what maybe wrong in this case i really can’t undertand ?

I am using an Scishion V88

[FONT=inherit]SCISHION V88 TV Box specifications:[/FONT]

[ul] [li]CPU – Rockchip RK3229 quad core ARM Cortex A7 processor @1.5 GHz[/li][li]GPU – ARM Mali-400MP[/li][li]Memory – 1GB DDR3[/li][li]Storage – 8GB NAND flash + SD card slot up to 16GB[/li][li]Video Output – HDMI 2.0 up to 4K2K @60 fps, and 3.5mm AV output (composite)[/li][li]Audio Output – HDMI, AV, and coaxial S/PDIF[/li][li]Connectivity – 100Mbps Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n WiFi[/li][li]USB – 4x USB 2.0 host ports[/li][li]Interfaces – HDMI port, RJ45 port, SPDIF port, 4x USB Host, SD Card Slot, AV Out; DC jack.[/li][li]Power Supply – 5V/2A[/li][li]Dimensions – 11.60 x 11.60 x 2.50 cm[/li][li]Weight – 145g[/li][/ul]

Does the performance drop when you go into the menu after launching from a launcher? Does it perform any better if you change the menu in settings > driver to RGUI or GLUI?

i will test this and post the results.

hunterk I tested with my MX3-G and the RGUI or GLUI use less memory than xmb.

Just tested it,with rgui:

Opening directly from retroarch i got: 46.3 fps Opening from Gamesome frontend i got: 56.9 fps at same part and same gui

weird. does gamesome set any options automatically? or access a different config?

there a place where it says the local of retroarch.cfg but i guess it is where the default location otherwise it would not work, i really don’t know if it sets a diferent config, it is a very simple frontend, just launch the game and after close retroarch it wont even back to the frontend but to home screen… anyways it is something to check it out… what kind of configs it would make get more speed at snes9x core ?

No clue, that’s why I was curious :slight_smile:

Threaded video maybe