RetroArch PS3 beta releases (v1.2.2)

So even in this latest version, Prosystem is still partially broken. It still does not read the cartridge digest settings when detecting a cart and apply the proper emulation adjustments. Games that require special settings for their cart type, flags, pokey, and region to run, are still broken.

These settings do work, however in the Windows and Android ports, confirmed and those games run correctly. So there is a problem with the PS3 compiled version of emulator, not the prosystem core source itself.

One thing I did notice from your error log earlier isthat one of those variable errors comes right before a call for cartridge digest, so it’s possible that could be part of the problem, but I don’t know enough about C programming to know if that’s definitely it. Either way, something is wrong with PS3 compile of prosystem that it does not read or apply cartridge digest settings.

I would need help with rebinding stuff with this retroarch port. While it is quite great; runs FBA content great and I can access core extra features, I am having problems with making rebinds. Retroarch beta 1.7 will not save rebind files for street fighter alpha 3 and when I tried to fiddle with configs and so on more the buttons just got mapped wildly everywhere with no hope of rectifying it. I have to try manually editing configs I guess but that is wildly confusing since I have to figure out how button numbering works within retroarch PS3 and whatnot. Especially since my binds are meant for third party controllers (arcade sticks)

Edit: Figured out pretty much all of my problems by myself; combination of no default remap folder, FBA core’s arcade setting not being a thing of any kind, and other slight problems and an edit. Nothing from my part except maybe few of these kinks being straightened out but.

So if you are having anything like me just checklist: With Final Burn alpha; do NOT touch the gamepad/arcade input setting in core settings. Set yourself a remap folder on the PS3. Save a remap with Just heavy punch/kick rebound to other R and R2. Save a game or core remap file. Take FBA.self.conf file out of your PS3, edit it out on PC to enable auto rebinds (loads rebind file if one exists which you want)

Rest of the world is your oyster. Thanks again for these builds; all I would personally hope would be a nicer UI but beggars cannot be choosers.

Which cores does it have as of now? I’m planning on installing a CFW on my PS3 now that CFW 4.76 can be installed over OFW 4.76 (No need for the $100 eFlasher anymore yuhuu)

I may assume snes and gba are included, as they’re two of themost popular. But does it include Mupen64?

[QUOTE=ddnava96;33337]Which cores does it have as of now? I’m planning on installing a CFW on my PS3 now that CFW 4.76 can be installed over OFW 4.76 (No need for the $100 eFlasher anymore yuhuu)

I may assume snes and gba are included, as they’re two of themost popular. But does it include Mupen64?[/QUOTE]

Sources?

I looked into the major scene sites and none cited this “news”. Beware of fakes, it can turn your PS3 into a brick!

[QUOTE=Hyllian;33340]Sources?

I looked into the major scene sites and none cited this “news”. Beware of fakes, it can turn your PS3 into a brick![/QUOTE]

Yeah, I already know that. It was a little late and I was a little sleepy, so I just decided “I’ll do some research tomorrow. I need to sleep right now”. I’ll try and get an E3 Flasher (Notice I didn’t even typed it correctly in my previous post) to downgrade my PS3

Either way, I’m still interested in knowing the cores that are included in this release

UMM NO , what you seen is nothing sort of a fake.

mupen64plus won’t be in it, as it requires OpenGL.