RetroArch PS3 beta releases (v1.2.2)

Here is a compiled version of retroarch 1.2.2, consider it like a beta release so any bugs can happen.

Beta 1.3 https://www.sendspace.com/file/g5gsiz

Compatible with any cfw and signed with 3.4x keys Cores: removed temporarily mednafen neopop since it’s not working tyrquake core could freeze all other cores should work fine Bugs: Restart doesn’t work Quit RA does what Restart RA should do, if you Quit RA a second time it finally comes back xmb Settings: Set 400 dpi override on menu->settings via retroarch config, now it should display correctly the menu on every display resolution

Next Beta Release: Normal and Stealth version. New cores: probably virtualjaguar and msx cores, i hope they’ll work :stuck_out_tongue: maybe mednafen pce fast too, though it should be slow but it already was on the previous stable release of RA (1.0.0.2)

If someone is interested to help with fixing the bugs like restart/quit, he’s welcome. :slight_smile: Any feedbacks, suggests and constructive criticisms are well accepted too. :slight_smile:

Credits: All libretro developers team for their incredible, hard and very long work they did and are going to do still today for this wonderful and unique multi-emulator homebrew.

Ezio, thanks so much for sharing this. I know the PS3 crew has been waiting patiently for a release, so hopefully this will hold them over until the proper release.

[QUOTE=Ezio_PS;29488]Here is a compiled version of retroarch 1.2.2, consider it like a beta release so any bugs can happen.

Beta 1.3 https://www.sendspace.com/file/g5gsiz

Compatible with any cfw and signed with 3.4x keys Cores: removed temporarily mednafen neopop since it’s not working tyrquake core could freeze all other cores should work fine Bugs: Restart doesn’t work Quit RA does what Restart RA should do, if you Quit RA a second time it finally comes back xmb Settings: Set 400 dpi override on menu->settings via retroarch config, now it should display correctly the menu on every display resolution

Next Beta Release: Normal and Stealth version. New cores: probably virtualjaguar and msx cores, i hope they’ll work :stuck_out_tongue: maybe mednafen pce fast too, though it should be slow but it already was on the previous stable release of RA (1.0.0.2)

If someone is interested to help with fixing the bugs like restart/quit, he’s welcome. :slight_smile: Any feedbacks, suggests and constructive criticisms are well accepted too. :slight_smile:

Credits: All libretro developers team for their incredible, hard and very long work they did and are going to do still today for this wonderful and unique multi-emulator homebrew.[/QUOTE]

Nice to see a compiled version. I see some cores that are new, but first test did not work on the ones i have tried

My testing (will update as i go)

• Atari 7800 not working
  • Vectrex not working
  • Game & Watch not working
  • Not sure if the PS3 version is suppose to have the XMB gui ? if so that is missing but not sure if that is for the PS3 version or not

In the past Jaguar has worked with some issues but i am sure it has may of been polished since i last seen a test core …

Side note: – Appears on first test RetroXMB is not working on new builds :frowning: … will have to tinker more and confirm that.

Thank you so much for the feedback, it’s really appreciated. Those new cores aren’t working so i’m going to remove them, i’ll add new cores only if i get them full working in next beta releases. About RetroXMB it’s working fine for me, so just be sure your core setting is pointing to SNES10000/USRDIR/cores (first choice on RetroXMB app). XMB gui seems to be not yet included in the code for the ps3 version, so i guess we need to wait for it.

Meanwhile here it’s a new beta release.

Beta 1.4 https://www.sendspace.com/file/rn9sae

Changelog: Removed all the cores not working Added Mednafen PCE Fast (PC Engine) since it’s fully working

[QUOTE=Ezio_PS;29533]Thank you so much for the feedback, it’s really appreciated. Those new cores aren’t working so i’m going to remove them, i’ll add new cores only if i get them full working in next beta releases. About RetroXMB it’s working fine for me, so just be sure your core setting is pointing to SNES10000/USRDIR/cores (first choice on RetroXMB app). XMB gui seems to be not yet included in the code for the ps3 version, so i guess we need to wait for it.

Meanwhile here it’s a new beta release.

Beta 1.4 https://www.sendspace.com/file/rn9sae

Changelog: Removed all the cores not working Added Mednafen PCE Fast (PC Engine) since it’s fully working[/QUOTE]

I will try again with RetroXMB, I was on original team so i know how it works better then most, maybe i just have a small error on my end (can happen easily :slight_smile: ). I did some quick test ( but maybe too quickly :slight_smile: ).

Also with those cores it could just be some dependencies that are a bit unknown (bios, format of rom, Rom location, ect…) So that is always something to look for. I will do some other testing later on and see what i come up with :slight_smile:

Registered just to say THANK YOU!

This is much appreciated, I will also do some testing and provide any updates

I noticed Stella Core is missing (Atari 2600). The Atari Lynx core does not work. (tried with bios) that was a new one also.

Bug i noticed , Online Updater menu (can’t exit from menu) ---- This menu may not be for the PS3 version at all (at least most of the options).

Edit: There are several menus that i do not think will appear in the official PS3 version and it seems when you click on some of these settings pertaining to what i think is other platforms it’s making it where you can not leave that menu .(have to quit the app)…

[QUOTE=STLcardsWS;29635]I noticed Stella Core is missing (Atari 2600). The Atari Lynx core does not work. (tried with bios) that was a new one also.

Bug i noticed , Online Updater menu (can’t exit from menu) ---- This menu may not be for the PS3 version at all (at least most of the options).

Edit: There are several menus that i do not think will appear in the official PS3 version and it seems when you click on some of these settings pertaining to what i think is other platforms it’s making it where you can not leave that menu .(have to quit the app)…[/QUOTE]

Stella (Atari 2600) core doesn’t compile for the moment, it’ll come back available once it is fixed.

Atary Lynx works for me, i just loaded Batman Returns and it works fine. No need for a bios, i just used an appropriated rom.

Online Updater menu and other menu you noticed are only supported for other platforms, no idea if they will be supported on ps3 in the next future or if they’ll be only removed.

I’m having a hard time booting up, was working fine yesterday. But I just tried to launch about 4 times and it doesn’t work

What error are you getting? Try to uninstall the pkg then install again the latest beta (1.4), maybe you accidently changed some settings.

Thank you everyone for bringing this earlier! Is the rom scan feature working? If so, what are the criteria? Tanx in advance

No, it’s missing since i think it’s connected to xmb gui and that interface hasn’t been implemented yet on ps3 port.

Actually that’s not true, it only needs libretrodb support, it works on all the menu drivers. Not sure libretrodb is supported on PS3 though, and I guess the dbs aren’t bundled

Anyone else having issues booting the program? I’ve deleted, restarted, everything. It’s just not starting up for me… It worked once few days ago

Here it’s booting fine, so if you want some help please provide more details about your issue like what error you are getting, what cfw you’re using, what beta version you’re trying to install , etc.

I’m on 4.76 cfw ferrox. Trying to install he newest beta 1.4. It installs fine, but when attempting to launch the screen goes black and it comes back to the xmb. I’ve tried to launch few times and same thing happens, screen goes black and it comes back to the xmb. I can make a video if you’d like.

delete and re-install …

Should fix the issues if it its retroarch.cfg related which it usually is.

I can’t seem to change the resolution over RGB connected to a CRT (NTSC PS3 @ 60hz). I get this scrunched up UI, also.

Any suggestions?

Try the RGUI menu driver instead.

Excellent. Sorted, thanks.