RetroArch PSX Bios HELP!

I downloaded RetroArch from emu4ios.net on my iPad Mini and downloaded PepsiMan rom, then I copy it to RetroArch directory using iTunes on my computer. The game started, I selected psx core and the game was sooo slow, skipping and audio was bad. I searched for solutions online and realised I have to get scph1001.bin BIOS and put it into /var/mobile/Documents/.RetroArch. Now I’m asking you guys, where is this, I think .RetroArch folder is hidden but how to access it. There is app called iFile but you have to pay and I dont wanna pay, I tried using iExplorer and how to do it. Pleass help!

Are you jailbroken (full, untethered)? If not, PSX emulation won’t be usable at full speed unless you are on the very latest iPhone or iPad Air. The BIOS file won’t help you with low speed, unfortunately.

How can that affect my gameplay speed? I don’t wan’t to jailbreak my iPad.

Because non-jailbroken Apple devices cannot make use of dynarecs, which are crucial for getting full speed on low power devices. Without jailbreaking, you can only run emulators in interpreter mode, which is very slow unless you have the horsepower for it.

If I do it, can it be harmful for my iPad?

It can be harmful (sort of) and voids your warranty: http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/ … ur_iPhone_

If PSX emulation is that important to you, though, it might be worth your trouble.

Is there someone on forum who can share thoughts and experiences about jailbreaking.

Jailbreak itself is not harmful, but it can be if you download tons of strange tweaks to your iPhone/iPad.

I have an Jailbroken iPad 2 running iOS 7.0.4 and the PCSX ReArmed runs perfectly any game at 100% speed.

Some games I already tested: Crash Bandicoot 3, Crash Bash, Final Fantasy IX, Resident Evil 3, Jackie Chan Stunt Master, Castlevania Symphony of the Night.

So, if you jailbreak, avoid 2 things:

• piracy
  • strange/unnecessary apps from Cydia

and everything will be ok.

Hi

I am using a rooted android(Shield) I have a problem with PSX bios too. I am using android. And retroarch does not found the bios. (No bios found expect bugs)

in the retroarch.cfg I have:

system_directory = “/data/data/com.retroarch/system”

And I have in this directory the file: scph1001.bin

I have also the bios in the same folder as the rom. What else can I do?

Try some other BIOS files, like scph5001.bin. The system directory is indeed the correct location.

Hi I tried to put all this bios: BIOS41A.BIN SCPH101.BIN SCPH1000.BIN SCPH1001.BIN SCPH1002.bin SCPH3000.bin SCPH3500.bin SCPH5000.BIN SCPH5500.BIN SCPH5502.BIN SCPH5552.bin SCPH7000.BIN SCPH7001.BIN SCPH7003.BIN SCPH7502.BIN

In the /data/data/com.retroarch/system and in the roms folder. And got the same message. Are there a way to see where it is expecting the bios? thanks

You have to rename the bios files to scph5500.bin, scph5501.bin, scph5502.bin, take a look at Core Information.

Hi

I did renamed all to lowercase.

Same thing… the bios is ok because it does work with another emulator(fpse).

make sure you have read/write permissions on the BIOS files and their containing directory

thanks all

@hunterk you are right I set the system_directory to a folder in the sdcard and retroarch found the bios. thanks

Sweet. Glad you got it worked out :slight_smile:

I’m trying to get (jakie chan stunt master) to work on my (iPad mini ratina) < jail broken Running ios 7.1.2
Using retroarch 1.0.0.1 I’ve got the stuntmaster.bin and stuntmaster.cue
ever time I load the game there is a black screen / but there 's sound im new to retroarch and how much power it can handle so I need expert answer I am very tech savvy
and I know my way around an iPad but like I said I’m new to retroarch I can get lower speed graphic games to run just fine

Games that run I’ve tested > (Resident evil 3 , MetalGearSolid , Silent Hill , Diablo )

Games I have tested I want to run that don’t > ( TonyHawkProSkater 2. or 3 don’t load at all :frowning: just black / no sound

Dave Mira pro BMX Original and the REmix both won’t allow me to play in 3rd person perspective rider keeps flickering then game crash’s

so I guess what this all says has anyone found a way to max retroarch out so it runs fast pace games graphics with out black screening or crashing ?