Retroarch randomly crashing

Hello all.

I’m having a weird issue with Retroarch. Every 15-45 minutes or so, the thing just randomly crashes. It doesn’t matter what I’m doing, I have started Retroarch on the start menu without loading a core and it still crashes in the same timeframe.

I’m currently using the latest nightly, but this happens on the 1.3.6 stable release as well.

Here’s my log.

I’m not seeing any errors in that log. Can you get us a backtrace using gdb?

Download it from here: http://www.equation.com/servlet/equation.cmd?fa=gdb put it into your retroarch directory and then shift+right-click in your retroarch directory and choose ‘open command window here’. Then, type: gdb retroarch_debug.exe on the gdb prompt, type: run --menu --verbose and then run until it freezes (that is, it will just freeze instead of actually crashing you back to your desktop) and then go back to your console window and type: bt It will print the backtrace to the console window.

Here’s what I got.

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.[Switching to Thread 8504.0x1270]
0x00007ffec31c2891 in ?? ()
(gdb) backtrace
#0  0x00007ffec31c2891 in ?? ()
Backtrace stopped: previous frame identical to this frame (corrupt stack?)

Issue seems to be resolved. The culprit seemed to be my Wacom tablet oddly enough.

Killing all the processes regarding Pen Tablet or Touch interfaces in Task Manager seems to have worked. Just disconnecting it wasn’t enough.

Thanks for letting us know! Those pesky Wacom devices have messed with other programs in my experience too.