RetroArch Sound Output some Roms

I’ve got an issue with RetroArch’s sound output. Whether this is a general issue or my iPhone specifically I am unsure.

In games like Tomb Raider 1 and 3, the sound is random, for example… when running, the sound of foot steps alternates randomly between channels in my headphones.

Shooting your guns is the same, as well as other sounds that sound like they’re coming from imaginary directions.

Is this an audio rendering issue with RetroArch itself, or is it a bad rom I’m using?

In Tomb Raider 1, depending on the direction you faced, sounds would be isolated to one channel of your headphones… facing north or south would give you stereo, though facing east or west would give you sound in one channel only.

In Tomb Raider 3, it’s completely random, left right center with some sounds consistently offput to one side.

Anyhow, anyone able to shed light on the issue and make sense of my findings? I struggle to explain things this is why I supply the names of the roms I am using.

Tomb Raider 1 is a good example, Tomb Raider 3 as well, but a little difficult to realise… but once you understand the issue, it’s very noticeable.

Again thanks if anyone can help me out here.