RetroArch Stopped Working Using Mame Core... [Solved]

RetroArch stopped working using mame core to load Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, the emulator stops when the machine is 99% loaded:

(some times with lower percentages), it was working perfectly till yesterday but now this happen after i changed the game together with the bios files to another folder… It was placed first on C > Users > (name) > Launchbox > Emulators > Retroarch > system > mame > roms, now it is placed in C > Users > (name) > Launchbox > Games > Arcade, i tried some things to fix or at least to understand the problem, and one of the last things i tried that made me figure out more about the problem… I placed Metal Slug X in my current Arcade folder, then i played the game in Retroarch, it worked, then i placed Metal Slug in my previous Cadillacs folder, and it crashed the same way, the difference was that i placed it again in the folder it was worked normaly and now the game returned to work correctly, but the Cadillacs game don’t works again when i place it in the old folder, i think this crash will happen in whatever folder that was not the first one it worked with whatever game… After this i deleted Retroarch folder, then i downloaded again the zip file, then i’ve placed the program in the same directory it was placed before, then i tried to play Cadillacs again and… grr… nothing, the problem persists, i searched registry and found nothing about retroarch, then without clues i read several topics and learned that some experts asks people to make log of the problem using retroarch_debug + command line and place the results in pastebin, maybe it can be useful for someone help me with this problem: pastebin (don’t know if it can be configured to analyse deeper, if so, please let me know how to…) This problem has made me think if exists any other file in the computer that have memory of my previous bios + cadillacs folder… Another thing i tried was to play Cadillacs in the stand-alone mame ver 0.195, the same version of the mame core, and it worked perfectly… Anyway, that’s it, i wanna use all the cores for emulation in RetroArch and Launchbox, so I don’t want to abandon this problem and use the normal mame… I wanna understand what is causing this and solve, i not found my problem in any other topic in this forum or the launchbox forum, then i created a account today here in libretro and created a topic to try to solve this with you people because i’m lost, and i’m very concerned about this problem, i’m new to RetroArch but already love the program, please someone help me… T-T

dl-1425.bin NOT FOUND (tried in dino qsound)
Fatal error: Required files are missing, the machine cannot be run.

Looks like you’re missing the qsound BIOS, which needs to be in the same directory as the game you’re running. I assume any CPS2 game will fail the same way.

1 Like

Nice, you helped me to fix my problem, i downloaded “qsound.zip” (with the file “qsound.bin”…) and it not worked, second time in another site (with the file “qsound.bin”…) and it not worked, then i found a version of it (with the files “059C847D” and “D6CF5EF5”…) that worked like a charm, i’m really grateful, thank you so much, man! :grinning:

obs: I remember your nick, you are one of the experts i mentioned above lol i’m pleased to talk with you personally after reading your responses in other topics when i still had no account in the forum, i know about pastebin and retroarch command lines because of you and other people (and because of the RetroArch Docs section), so thanks (indirectly) for this too hunterk.

1 Like