Retroarch stopped working windows 10

When I start the retroarch it stops working immediately, I already installed directx 9, and several other packages for games. Attached is a debug file for retroarch errors that I got using Drmingw. If someone could look at the files and help me figure out what the problem would be, I’d be grateful.

The image above is all files installed on the computer

Retroarch Erro file

Going by your log, it seems to be crashing in the GL init function.

Have you ever been able to get RetroArch to work before? What GPU do you have ? AMD or Nvidia? AMD has somewhat spottier GL drivers than Nvidia.

Can you update your AMD drivers so that maybe the GL support becomes more robust?

Alternatively, you could manually edit retroarch.cfg, look for the video driver line, and change it to something like

video_driver = “d3d11”

And see if that works instead.

1 Like

The problem is that the program does not load the configuration, in the configuration file it only generates config_save_on_exit = “true”. I downloaded a retroarch configuration in which all configuration was loaded, I switched the video driver from gl to d3d and ran. This computer has no video card, the processor is intel pentil dual core e6500, I will use it only to run simple games like nes or snes. Retroarch never worked on this computer. What could be done to fix this?

Hi, I have the same issue and I also have integrated graphics, Retroarch 1.6 still works perfectly here. But the latest one crashes instantly when I open it, I already changed video to d3d but still doesn’t work. I saw that OP download a configuration? where from? My .cfg file also shows “config_save_on_exit = true” and nothing else, only the default.cfg is the one with the settings…any help would be appreciated.

Managed to install the latest 64bit nightly, it works fine (it crashed a few times but now it doesn’t), the only problem is that in the online updater, only some cores appear, I suspect it must be the ones that are compatible with the latest nightly only but I don’t know, I think unless I find a better solution, I’m going to be sticking to 1.6 for now, I already have 1.7.1 on my phone and it works fine.

The MSVC build is more compatible with crummy drivers but has fewer cores available. That’s probably the one you’re using.

Yeah it is, I’m going to try the portable stable version of 1.7.2 (non MSVC) and see if it changes in anything compared to the one with the installer. The version of 1.6.0 that I have is the portable one and it works perfectly wth all my cores.

Hello! Sorry to bump an old ropic, but i can’t create a new one. My retroarch is crashing the same way. The log seems to be normal, can not find any critical error. My device is Intel Clovertrail Samsung Ativ 500t with windows 10 1607. Here is the log.

[INFO] RetroArch 1.7.9 (Git 908974dfe4)
[INFO] === Build =======================================
[INFO] CPU Model Name: Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU Z2760  @ 1.80GHz
[INFO] Возможности:  MMX MMXEXT SSE SSE2 SSE3 SSSE3
[INFO] Built: Oct  5 2019
[INFO] Version: 1.7.9
[INFO] Git: 908974dfe4
[INFO] =================================================
[INFO] [Environ]: SET_PIXEL_FORMAT: RGB565.
[INFO] Файл карты памяти перенаправлен в "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\RetroArch\saves\.srm".
[INFO] Файл сохранения перенаправлен в "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\RetroArch\states\.state".
[INFO] Версия API libretro: 1
[INFO] Скомпилирован против API: 1
[INFO] [Audio]: Set audio input rate to: 30000.00 Hz.
[INFO] [Video]: Video @ 960x720
[INFO] [GL]: Found GL context: wgl
[INFO] [GL]: Detecting screen resolution 1366x768.
[INFO] [WGL] extensions: WGL_ARB_extensions_string WGL_EXT_extensions_string WGL_ARB_pbuffer WGL_ARB_pixel_format WGL_ARB_render_texture WGL_EXT_swap_control WGL_ARB_multisample 
[INFO] [WGL]: wglSwapInterval(1)
[INFO] [GL]: Vendor: Intel Corporation, Renderer: Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator 3600 Series.
[INFO] [GL]: Version: 2.1.
[INFO] [GL]: Using resolution 1366x695
[INFO] [GL]: Default shader backend found: glsl.
[INFO] [Shader driver]: Using GLSL shader backend.
[INFO] [GLSL]: Checking GLSL shader support ...
[WARN] [GL]: Stock GLSL shaders will be used.
[INFO] [GLSL]: Found GLSL vertex shader.
[INFO] Shader log: Success.

[INFO] [GLSL]: Found GLSL fragment shader.

[INFO] [GLSL]: Linking GLSL program.
[INFO] Linker log: Success.
WARNING: 0:3: 'function_call_constructor@vec4_vec4@0' : used without being initialised
WARNING: 1 compilation warnings.

Success.
WARNING: 0:3: 'function_call_constructor@vec4_vec4@2' : used without being initialised
WARNING: 1 compi
WARNING: 0:3: 'function_call_constructor@vec4_vec4@0' : used without being initialised

WARNING: 0:3: 'function_call_constructor@vec4_vec4@2' : used without being initialised

Success.
WARNING: 1 compi

WARNING: 0:3: Calls to any function that may require a gradient calculation inside a conditional block may return undefined results

Success.
WARNING: 0:3: Calls to any function that may require a gradient calculation inside a conditional block 
[INFO] [GL]: Using 4 textures.
[INFO] [GL]: Loaded 1 program(s).
[INFO] [XInput]: Found XInput v1.4.
[INFO] [DINPUT]: Enumerating joypads ...
[INFO] [DINPUT]: Device #0 PID: {BEAD} VID:{1234}
[INFO] [Autoconf]: 140 profiles found.
[INFO] [DINPUT]: Done enumerating joypads ...
[INFO] [Joypad]: Found joypad driver: "dinput".
[INFO] [Font]: Using font rendering backend: freetype.
[INFO] [Video]: Found display server: win32
[INFO] [XAudio2]: Requesting 64 ms latency, using 64 ms latency.
[INFO] [Menu]: Found menu display driver: "gl".
[INFO] [LED]: LED driver = 'null' 
[INFO] [MIDI]: Initializing ...
[INFO] [MIDI]: Input disabled.
[INFO] [MIDI]: Output disabled.
[INFO] [MIDI]: Initialized "null" driver.
[INFO] Невозможно сохранить SRAM.
[INFO] Загрузка файла истории: [C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\RetroArch\content_history.lpl].
[INFO] Загрузка файла истории: [C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\RetroArch\content_music_history.lpl].
[INFO] Загрузка файла истории: [C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\RetroArch\content_video_history.lpl].
[INFO] Загрузка файла истории: [C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\RetroArch\content_image_history.lpl].
[INFO] Loading favorites file: [C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\RetroArch\content_favorites.lpl].
[INFO] [GL]: VSync => on
[INFO] [GL]: VSync => on

any help would be appreciated.

Try opening your retroarch.cfg and change the video_driver to “d3d11” and see if that treats you any better. If not, try d3d10 and if that fails too, d3d9.

Neither d3d worked. I managed to launch it with gdi. The menu looks like IMG_20200430_105130|690x388 Any way to fix it?

I see from the log you posted above that you’re using Russian language… but the “rgui” menu driver uses a bitmap font limited to the Windows-1252 character set (256 characters, none of them Cyrillic). Do things look better if you change menu_driver = "rgui" to "ozone" or "xmb"?

(And for the code monkeys in the audience: Is there any way to expand the bitmap font system to work with other Unicode ranges? I’ll gladly create the new character data to use it. Heck, I might revise the one that’s already there to fit the grid a little better…)