Retroarch suddenly acting strange

I had something very strange happen in RA tonight. I was using it like normal, checking out games and suddenly I couldn’t get a game to launch (one that was working before). Or it would launch but I could only hear the sound.

So I downloaded and installed the most recent stable version tonight. The games seem to work, but I can’t see the bezels/overlays I’m using, even though I can see they are pointing to the right file and the overlay is turned on. Not only that, but I noticed that the RA menu is corrupted (I noticed this before I installed the latest version). I can’t read any of the words in the menu, though I can still see the icons on the left side of the menu.

There’s also a flowing, river like animation behind the RA menu, and that’s gone too. Was gone before I installed the latest version. Any idea what’s happening???

I did install the latest update/driver for my AMD Radeon card over the weekend, but RA was working up until tonight. Even worked the first part of the evening, no problem.

Can you post a verbose log? I suspect/hope that some of those issues will have some clues in there.

Not sure I know what you mean by that. However, I posted the problem somewhere else and they recommended taking out the config file and it WORKED. However, of course all of my settings are GONE. :frowning:

I still have the config file though. Should I post that so someone can figure out what the issue is? It would be great to be able to reinsert the config file with just the changed setting and have it work like before. If I can, I’ll post the text of the config in the next message.

Could i have accidentally made a change? I was checking out dozens of games pretty quickly, I could have accidentally selected something. I’m not sure what would do THIS though.

if removing the config works, you can try just removing just some of the options at a time to pinpoint what’s causing the issue. Just make sure you backup your config before you go monkeying with it.

1 Like

Ok, thanks! I tried posting the text from the file but it’s three times too big. Not sure anyone would want to go through all of it though.

I appreciate your help. If anyone can think of an area I should focus on that might be in the config and would cause issues, please post. If I can pinpoint the issue on my own from experimentation, I’ll follow up as well.