Retroarch Theme For PS3

Waasssaaa guys!!

I recently got involved in retroarch. For the past couple week I been downloading roms and customizing art works for it. The only thing I can not figure out is how to change the background. I change to XMB but can not add a custom picture. When I search for background the folder show “no item”. I am on the PS3 console. I do see the file I imported using FTP and I am able to scan it. Also I change the background directory to the wallpaper folder which is in assest(same place where I put my png photos). Any tips on what I am missing?

Also i seen a few post about custom theme for retroarch. Is there a website or YouTube tutorial on how to do this? I can find anything but people showing their final product.

1 Like

Same issue here with background image on PS3. As for themes you have to change the dynamic background directory to the folder you keep the custom backgrounds you want for each system in and have each wallpaper named exactly the same as the Playlist its for example: if Playlist is named Atari - 2600 the background must also be named Atari - 2600. You also have to make sure dynamic backgrounds is turned on under settings/user graphical interface/ appearance and turn off pipeline shader. That should be about all you need to know as to setting the custom images for each Playlist but as for main background on PS3 I can’t seem to figure out whats going on it works just as expected on all other platforms I’ve used retroarch on showing the images as expected and Appling the change once selected. There’s some already made up templates of custom themes on retroarch if you change your directory to them they work already there located in dev_hdd0/game/SSNE10000/cores/assets/wallpapers you can choose anyone of the three folder you find there to see how it works.