RetroArch v1.41 and I-Pac Ulitimate setup

So looks like you don’t have per core configs now for systems. I am trying to figure out how to setup now.

My player one joystick in I-Pac software us Arrow Up/Down/Right/Left. When I try to config in RetroArch shows NUM8 etc. However in game doesn’t work. Right now just working I NES.

For some reason, the retrokeyboard listening function always mistakes the arrow keys for numpad entries. Just open your retroarch.cfg in a text editor and manually set them to left/right/up/down.

We have indeed gotten rid of per-core configs but you can do almost everything they could do through the new “override” system. For overrides, you set up your basic settings that you want to apply by default and then make core overrides that only contain the options you want to change.

How does this Core override what? Is there a guide or something? I will need to change a few cores as I go.

You can read about the feature from when it was first implemented here: http://blog.andressm.org/new-retroarch-features-2/ However, when that was written, there was no way to create them from the menu. You can now. The way to do it is just load up a core and some content, change the settings you want to change and then go to the quick menu and choose ‘save core/game override’ and it will override those options whenever the core/game is loaded.

One important thing to note: once an override is loaded, it will no longer save config changes on exit. if you want to save changes, you’ll need to either re-save an override or use ‘configurations’ > ‘save current configuration’ from the main menu to save the changes to the retroarch.cfg.

So I see the option for this. When I use the core override save it shows saved on screen. It creates the folder and file with Core name. However when look at the .cfg for core most times it’s blank or just little info. I am working on GameBoy Advance right now can can’t get saved right. Has wrong Player 1 Down, Buttons A/B and nothing for R/L Shoulders.

So my SNES core cfg is also blank. Not sure what might be doing wrong here.

The override save may not catch changes to keyboard binds. Try just adding those lines to the blank cfg files with a text editor and see if that works.

Well that seems to work. Kinda huge pain to do. Much easier via GUI. Is there a fix coming for this?

Not that I know of, but once it’s done, it’s done and you never have to touch it again.