Retroarch Wetek Play

With the Wetek Play now being officially supported through Lakka will you be releasing a stand alone download to get Retroarch running on OE for the Wetek Play

1 Like

If you mean as an add-on to regular Kodi/OE, none of the current contributors use it, so it’s not likely any time soon. However, if any users want to compile and distribute an OE package, they’re more than welcome to do it.

I’ve never compiled a package before can you point me in the direction of a good guide and I will give it a go

I don’t know how to do any of that for OpenElec, but there are some (old-ish) compilation guides for RetroArch on the github wiki:

thanks. i’ll have a read

any luck with this?

Any news on this front? I’m using Wetek Play 2 with LibreELEC (official): 8.2.5 (WeTek_Play_2.aarch64) LibreELEC:~ # uname -a Linux LibreELEC 3.14.29 #1 SMP Fri Apr 13 11:13:36 BST 2018 aarch64 GNU/Linux

But it seems impossible to bring Retroarch to work within Kodi with the libretro repo zip. Only the splash screen appears then i get back to Kodi. Tried to get the full package (?) whatever that means, it takes a few minutes to download but it’s the same. I asked in Libreelec if when is a new LE&Kodi18 coming out but no answer yet. If I understood correctly there will be the Retroarch abuilt in feature. Maybe. thanks

My previous comment disappeared for some reason. good thing the page warned me in advance that i’m not yet allowed to reply so i don’t start typing a hundred and fifty word comment.

So when will Wetek Play 2 (Libreelec & Kodi 17) users be able to use retroarch?