RetroArch Wii 1.0.0.x-nightly

Those who wants to test retroarch in wii, here you get it, remember beta builds are unstable and for testing purposes, if you get an issue fill one on github: https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/issues

Here’s the folder with RA wii app file: https://mega.co.nz/#F!6doATbIL!qL5K1s2ochbctOosq7KtqQ

Last time I compiled, I was getting some issues with snes9x-next and fceumm, saving states were messed up.

Nice :smiley:

Thanks for sharing this!

Biggest new problem I’ve noticed is that applying any screen resolution other than the default will greatly distort the graphics/font in RGUI but not in-game.

EDIT: It’s actually any screen resolution that’s not 640x~ wide will distort RGUI

Great! Thanks for the build.

One thing though: What changes or fixes were done in this build?

I think it is important to note so those that download it could be on the lookout.

Will probably wait for a more stable release, but can anyone confirm if resolution saving was implemented?

Thanks for this, nice to get a sneak peak at how things are going even if it’s a pretty early one (input can be kind of messy, I need to plug-and-unplug my Classic Controller sometimes in the RetroArch menu to get it to respond and changing resolutions is still a little broken in the menu: the option won’t display the new dimensions until you actually hit A to set it, so it’s kind of a matter of trial and error to get where you’re going).

For reference, a couple of cores seem to have been left out of this package relative to the last stable; there’s no Mednafen NGP (hasn’t worked since 0.9.9 anyway), Mednafen VB, Nestopia, NXEngine, PRBoom, TyrQuake or QuickNES here. Not complaining, just pointing that out for people considering switching to this build full-time.

This is a tough question as it’s been about 18 months since the last stable build for Wii, so it’s just “everything that’s happened in that time”. That said, there hasn’t been a lot of work done on the Wii side as that is expected to come later, so most of the changes are things like updates to the cores, e.g. emulator bug fixes.

The biggest things that have been added on the Wii side are probably software filters (don’t seem to be working yet, though) and the “Set Screen Width” option which still works in the same way as when SuperrSonic submitted it (that is, it must be changed in the .cfg file directly).

No resolution saving as of this build.

As of October 4th it should only require selecting the value in video settings and pressing A on ‘screen resolutions’ to update the screen. Same applies to deflicker. I never understood or bothered much with it but I think there’s code already to disable deflicker in 480p mode(I might be wrong though) or the other way around, I can’t tell a difference but it definitely works in 480i.

There’s also the Wii NES Virtual Console palette as an option for the fce core. :cool:

It doesn’t seem to be working here; the Set Screen Width setting just doesn’t budge at all, it sits at whatever value was in the config file and can’t be adjusted via the menu. I don’t see the deflicker option anywhere in this build either.

Just checked, the op cores are based on old code, did you notice a random square behind RGUI? That was fixed a long time ago.

Give this one a try(vba next), it’s the one I currently use but has one small problem, exiting while a game is loaded will only reload the game but only once, this is fixed now though.

So sorry, SuperrSonic was right, it was an outdated RA code, but newest than v1.0.0.2, xD.

I have updated to lastest commits, but I won’t add Mednafen VB, It doesn’t worth it for its framerate,

I’ve added Nestopia, to build, and Mednafen NGP doesn’t compile right now, has some build issues.

Tomorrow, I’ll will add Quicknes, NX Engine, PR Boom to main build, my atom pc stinks when building for Wii cores.

Is this link working for anybody?

Here’s the folder with RA wii app file: chrome://mega/content/secure.html#F!6doATbIL!qL5K1s2ochbctOosq7KtqQ

My bad, I took it directly from my url bar in Firefox, anyway, edited 1st post, but here’s the right link: https://mega.co.nz/#F!6doATbIL!qL5K1s2ochbctOosq7KtqQ

This revision have no Gamecube controller compatibility or somethig?

The 26th build has the thread initial issues sorted out? (save state and screen resolution issues IIRC)

I read that there’s a PSX core, mednafen PSX for the Wii port. I may be lost, but doesn’t that, one, really slow and two, the Wii wasn’t supposed to get it?

It still didn’t get it, this is an unofficial release. The Wii just happens to be able to run it albeit with a low frame rate. The devs will not support this core officially because it is useless.

Then why was it included and compiled as a .dol file?

Because this is an unofficial release.