RetroArch Wii Release (v1.0.0.2)

The latest release is available for download here:

https://anonfiles.com/file/29b4340f5ac1 … cd3e231669

Has anyone tested it and, if so, what are the improvements? (I’m at work at the moment but would much prefer to be at home playing Street Fighter Alpha 3 :cool: ).

Largely similar to Godlance’s unofficial builds. Obviously, includes all the features added since the last mainline build, like overlays, additional hardcoded resolutions and RetroArch functions like Rewind, Load State, etc. button-mappable. Unfortunately, FCEUmm continues to crashdump after a few re-entrant loads as in Godlance’s builds, Neo Geo Pocket still has no input (grab the 0.9.9 core if you wish to play NGP games) and Wiimote remapping is still broken. There is some entirely new stuff I see: there’s now a “Core Information” menu option giving the name of the core and its supported extensions; seems to be read from the .info files.

Do core settings save correctly to configs now for paths, resolutions and aspect ratios?

Paths’s savestates directory still doesn’t save for me, even manually writing the path to the config will make it revert to default. Resolutions don’t even have a line to edit in the config and the 3 new custom-enabled resolutions don’t save either.

Paths’s savestates directory still doesn’t save for me, even manually writing the path to the config will make it revert to default. Resolutions don’t even have a line to edit in the config and the 3 new custom-enabled resolutions don’t save either.[/quote]

Oh dear.

I’ve never had any problems with paths, (custom) resolutions or aspect ratios saving. The hardcoded resolutions still don’t save, but custom are fine for me.

By “3 new custom-enabled resolutions” I mean 384x480, 512x480 and 530x480 that can now be edited to have a viewport, unlike the hardcoded resolutions. Only 640x480 saves because it’s the default. So the viewports save but the resolutions don’t.

Sounds good for CPS2 and SNES in that case. Why they don’t save is beyond me. I just want to do this once and not have to keep doing it all the time and trying to remember what resolution the Neo Geo or whatever machine is.

I take it there is no MAME 0.78 core?

You know, I was going to download this to give it a shot, but, if the save state directories can’t even be changed from whatever the default is, I might hold off downloading for a bit until it’s fixed :confused: Why can’t these be force-enabled via the config file?

Again, just an observation, I’d hate to lose my save files when I update to this version and navigate to the ROM directory every time it loads, that’s all.

Love the added resolutions for CPS2 and SNES, pity they don’t save though. Tried the scanlines.cfg on NES and it looked pretty cool, there doesn’t seem to be a way to turn it off though other than messing with the opacity from what I can tell. I tried restarting etc. but it is the one thing that DOES save on exit :lol: just my luck!

Anyway, good work on this release and thanks to all contributors for your efforts :slight_smile:

Weird that they don’t save, do they store config files for each core on the SD card or is it one universal config file. I know on the PC port, you can force certain things to save by manually editing the paths and other settings and saving it that what. =D And does the GBA run a few more games at full speed (like Final Fantasy V)?

Is the ROM path saved every time you load? I also seem to recall a random crash in 1.0.0 that resulted in a black screen when loading from HBC.

For disabling an overlay you can make an overlay .cfg that points to an image that doesn’t exist and you can name it TurnOFF.cfg or you could go into the specific core config and change the path to either nothing or delete the entire line. The former is a lot easier and faster.

ROM path did save for me, and editing in the config will also work.

ROM paths have saved for me in the last couple of releases no problem, the resolutions default each time though.

As regards the black screen issue you had, I have never experienced it.

@SuperrSonic That’s a good idea as it seems to want to point to someconfigfile.cfg so adding a blank one would do the trick. Cheers for that tip.

I use a Homebrew Channel forwarder on the Wii U since the recent system updates force-enable 4:3 aspect ratio (won’t bore with the details, but 4:3 bother me, the forwarder bypasses it). so it’s probably an occasional glitch in there; 0.9.9 never had it. I suppose I’ll download it and just try it anyway. Shame about the custom resolutions not saving though, kinda funky to have the option if they can’t be configured per core. Maybe it’s a limitation of Wii memory or something…? Can a Github bug report be filed?

I didn’t realise you were using a Wii U.

I’ll fiddle around with the settings again tonight, not sure why they don’t save as per-core configs were supposed to be working from a few releases back.

Yeah should have made that clearer, sorry for the confusion. :stuck_out_tongue: Anyway, to be honest, I never used the per-core config in 1.0.0 at all, as I primarily use Snes, NES, Genesis and GBA, even if the latter core wasn’t set to a desired res. Have you filed a bug report about it on here or some kind of gtihub? I think it should be brought to the developers’ attention :wink:

I think we have raised the issue here over and over so I am sure the devs are aware of it. I suppose someone can add it as an issue on github, I’d rather just use the forum.

As long as it’s made aware, it’s all good then. Forums are just fine, just curious as to what would be the most effective method of mentioning it =D

As long as it’s made aware, it’s all good then. Forums are just fine, just curious as to what would be the most effective method of mentioning it =D[/quote]

Probably github :lol:

The devs don’t have time to be searching through all these threads. Unless we made a bug report for each release to keep track.

As long as it’s made aware, it’s all good then. Forums are just fine, just curious as to what would be the most effective method of mentioning it =D[/quote]

Probably github :lol:

The devs don’t have time to be searching through all these threads. Unless we made a bug report for each release to keep track.[/quote]

Eh…yeah, that’d work, I suck at properly describing bugs, but I do have a way of capturing video, so I could always record it to show what was happening. I’ll try RetroArch on my end as well to see what’s going on.