RetroArch Wii Release (v1.0.0.2)

Button assignment is broken on the Nestopia core too. Reassigning buttons no longer saves as it did in previous versions.

EDIT: same for PC Engine. So that’s CPS2, Nestopia and PC Engine haven’t tried it on other cores but this appears to be a global issue.

Are you sure? I mapped several buttons (Hold FastForward, RGUI and Rewind ) to the C stick and changed B to X on the GC controller and they work fine. In fact I played through an entire RPG (Pool or Radiance) since this release and I didn’t experience any problems with mapping buttons. That’s weird.

I would like to ask now that we’re talking about the NES cores… Why I get a code dump almost everytime I try to load a japanese rom with Nestopia and QuickNes? For example Kid Dracula works with FCEUmm, but it crash Retroarch when using the other two. The same happens with a lot of Japanese games.

Are they not supported by those cores?

It works while I am playing a game, it’s just that if I restart RA/load another core etc. the buttons revert back to default. What am I doing wrong?

What I do is :

Load a game, go back to the Retroarch menu Do the changes, go back to the game,
Open the Retroarch menu again, and load a different game of the same core.

And that’s pretty much it. After that the button assignments always keep saved for me., but if you want to assure they are saved, exit (Not restart) Retroarch and launch it right after.

Try to do that, I hope it works for you too.

Followed those instructions exactly, no buttons saved.

Really weird. I’m sorry to hear that.

Do you have the Find Controller option enabled? I usually have problems with that when it’s turned on. What buttons are you trying to change?

I have Autodetect enable ON. I will try with this off. Also, when I try to set the buttons I can change them all until I get to the D pad, it only allows me change the Up button but not down, left or right.

EDIT: finally, it worked! Autodetect enable must be set to OFF. You must assign buttons individually as opposed to using the Configure All (RetroPad) option as this fails to work once you get to the d-pad assignment.

Thanks for your help. That was WAY harder than it should have been.

HUZZAH! it worked! I’m glad to help , but yes, you can bet I got angry when I understood why the heck didn’t save after three hours trying everything except turning off that f***ing option xDDDD.

Yes, it was infuriating! Now I have edited my CPS2 buttons and changed NES and PC Engine to Y B instead of B A as this is much more comfortable with the Classic Controller.

Hello , who have try to change or use the LEFT ANALOG with GC controller??? i can bind all bottons of gc controller but the LEFT analog refuse! what i can do? i have compile manually retroarch 1.0.0.2 with fba (Single core for each platform cps1,cps2,neogeo). games work very well but is very not good use only the DPAD with the gc controller. Same on wiimote+nunchack, i can only bind the LEFT ANALOG (nunchuck) but all botton can’t be mappable (and autoconf use 1&2 on wiimote very UNREACHABLE when i use wiimote+nunchack). PLEASE HELPME

If you want to use your GC Left Analog you can try to do this:

Go to the settings>Input and:

In “Analog D-Pad Mode” you can choose the “Left Analog” option. With the GC controller, it means that you can use both the stick without changing any other input, and also use if you want the D-Pad at the same time (For example I use the stick to move around and the D-Pad to move through ingame menus). I didn’t tried it with the Nunchuck but it should work too. I’ll try later.

You should also check if you have the Autodetect Option On, because it creates problems with this sort of things.

I tried 1.0.0.2 for the first time last night. Most everything works great.

However, Cave Story is busted pretty bad now. Bullet projectiles don’t appear, enemies are frozen and cannot be damaged although they still damage you if you touch them, and possibly other problems I have not observed yet. I tried re-downloading the nxengine files from github and started fresh with no prior core configs or game save data, started a new file, and still no good.

I don’t remember if I ever tried Cave Story in 1.0.0.1 so I plan to check that out. I’ll also see if the nxengine core from previous builds will work with 1.0.0.2. While I’m at it, I may check the PC version to see if the problem exists there too. [edit: PC version works great]

In the meantime, I was just curious to see if someone else had this problem and if they already found a solution. I can’t imagine Cave Story is something a lot of people play very often, but I figure it was worth asking. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sounds to me like NXEngine is no longer being linked to RetroArch Wii with WHOLE_ARCHIVE_LINK=1 enabled.

It works fine when I copy over the nxengine core from v1.0.0.1. So yeah, you could count this as sort of an FYI kind of thing and not a complaint, because it’s fixed as far as I’m concerned. And keep up the great work.

Just wondering how has testing on the resolutions setting on a per core basis worked out? Any updates?

Just tried the latest build 1.0.0.2.

Good work but I am having some questions about this release vs the previous.

For the VBA NEXT core: Have there been changes is the way sound is handled? For some games, ( Metroid fusion noticablly ) there seems to be a lot of distortion going on. In the previous release this was not the case.

Also Using SnesNEXT, there is some distortion going on now. the Native resolution is a welcome addon. ( finally no more pixel crawling on most cores! ’

Though for all of the cores the 640 x 480 does not make any sense. The only way to get a proper picture for snes for example is using is …x448 resoltion. ( still slight vertical pixel crawling, to get rid of this is using 512x224 on snes core but you loose the scanline overlay ) Bottom and top are always cut of in 640 x480 =(

I am very pleased to finally have an option to get scanlines ( sort of ) out of the box for my lcd panel. Though not perfect ( pixel crawling in 512x 448 wich can be hidden with the bilinear filter ), it still AWESOME.

Also the best setting for me is to have the scanlines set to 1.07 with the …x448 resolution.

Last i would like to note that the CC pro button sticking bug is VERY prominent in this release. I know it is not a quick fix but, still would like to note it as it was not the case in the previous build of RA.

I am using this with my Wiiu vWii and my Wii. The best picture I can get is on my WIi. his is probably deu to the down /upscaling The WiiU performs for vWii . Again I should note that result may vary ( for all vWii apps ) in the way you have set up your WiiU and TV ratio and resoltion ) Settings editor by joostinonline is a great little app to experiment with in the case. Also booting RA from the USB Loader GX homebrew launcher differentiates from how the video is handled on Wiiu/vWiim opposed to the HBC or Settingeditor/ channel method. Also remember the the vWii ratio setting go back to default every time to enter vWii mode.

All in all a great preview of what’s to come and wiht the scanline options , RA for me personally, out of the LCD & Plasma point of view, RAhas the edge on the the dedicated emulators avaiable on Wii and vWii. Thank you!

i have compiled latest svn (core and salamander) i can share it?

What’s that? MAME? Maybe post it in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=1531

@naxil Sure, share whatever you like :slight_smile:

What’s that? MAME? Maybe post it in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=1531[/quote]

Are you uploading a compiled MAME core for Wii? How is the compatibility?