Retroarch Windows Online updater not working, no connection, high CPU usage

Hi,

I have thouroughly search but I didnt find anyone with this issue.

So I was trying out retroarch for the first time, since I am planning on building me a HTPC with some retro-gaming capabilites.

I am currently on Windows 10.

Downloaded and extracted retroarch 1.3.4

Controller detected

Went to online updater -> core updater = Nothing happens.

If I tap again I get: Downloading ‘.index-extended’ …

But nothing happens. The CPU usage jumps to 35% and if I exit the program, only the window is closed and the task stays at 35% usage.

I’ve tried the lates nightly aswell.

retroarch.exe is not blocked by the Windows firewall either afaik.

How weird. I can’t reproduce it with my own build or the nightly in Win7-64. Can you reproduce it on another computer?

This is usually caused by the server being down. Can you reach buildbot.libretro.com via browser? If so, you can manually download cores from there and put them in your ‘cores’ directory.

Yes, that works. It would have been neat if I could access all the updates. Because none of them works.

I tested it with OSX through my Macbook, where it works, so it cannot be the router.

Can you try running RetroArch as administrator? It’s possible that it doesn’t have write permission or some other oddity like that.

Yes, I tried it. I tried compatibility mode for Windows 8/7 etc. it didnt work.

I looked at the URL in the config file and added the right paths for the cores etc. didnt help.

I suspect Windows 10 is doing something weird.

edit: I dont need a proxy. As I said, I used it in OSX and downloaded the cores just fine.

In retroarch.cfg I Input this: core_updater_buildbot_url = “http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/windows/x86_64_w32/latest/” core_updater_buildbot_assets_url = “http://buildbot.libretro.com/assets/

But as soon as I open retroarch.exe and visit - Configuration -> Updater -> Buildbot cores URL ist blank.

I read somewhere I Need to terminate the Service to update the config.

I rebooted the System, but it stayed the same.

edit2: I’m going to give up. No updater for me.