RetroArch WinTools.net utility (work in progess)

EDIT: This has been superseded by RetroTools, please see here: http://libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5434

I’m making a set of tools for windows users to make things easier for them.

Right now this only includes one tool, “Dir to Playlist” - this will allow you to make a custom playlist file for a set of roms in a given directory.

[B]If you have any suggestions for any other useful tools you’d like to see, please let me know!

[/B]Here is a current work in progress version (may require .net framework, windows should download automatically if you don’t have it): http://www63.zippyshare.com/v/jyFq9Jk4/file.html

Hey I just wanted to say thanks and show my appreciation for this tool. It has saved me a lot of time and trouble, I’d be lost without it now. Excited to see what updates you might add in the future.

Thanks

You’re welcome BluAura.

Thank a million for this tool. Just regret its yet again another thing requiring NET framework (=200mb download for a 200kb program :p). Im aware it comes with windows, but often NET apps require specific NET version (we sometimes have to install older versions etc).

You can also try romjacket’s RetroInvader utility, which does playlist generation and a few other cool things and doesn’t (I think) depend on dotNET: http://romjacket.mudlord.info/INVADER/index.html

[QUOTE=geoslake;34395] Im aware it comes with windows, but often NET apps require specific NET version (we sometimes have to install older versions etc).[/QUOTE]

Did you have to do so in this case?

I have a small request: The ability to create configuration overrides per core using specific overlays/shaders. This can already be done manually, but it can get quite messy and confusing if you don’t know what you’re doing.

Nope, guess its okay with latest (4.6.1 i think).

[QUOTE=hunterk;34401]You can also try romjacket’s RetroInvader utility, which does playlist generation and a few other cool things and doesn’t (I think) depend on dotNET: http://romjacket.mudlord.info/INVADER/index.html[/QUOTE]

Thanks, will try that (hate that this one comes as an installer but anyway :))

retroInvader can propagate deltas using an existing retroarch config file as a template, or using the settings from the program.

If you don’t want to use the installer, you can grab the zipped binary on the github page. Run the CONFIGURE.bat to initialize the program.

Could you post a tutorial?

Make sure you’re using the very newest build. I just fixed something screwy with that which might interfere with this:

So, you have a configuration for say, gambatte you like and you want all your GB ROMs to have this same config. From the main menu: CONFIG>GENERATE>TEMPLATE (at the bottom)>select a folder containing ROMS>Overwrite/Update the existing deltas. You now have a delta for every rom in the gambatte folder in the ra directory.

If you select a core instead of a template, the current retroInvader settings are propagated for the core-options as well.

[QUOTE=romjacket;34529]Make sure you’re using the very newest build. I just fixed something screwy with that which might interfere with this:

So, you have a configuration for say, gambatte you like and you want all your GB ROMs to have this same config. From the main menu: CONFIG>GENERATE>TEMPLATE (at the bottom)>select a folder containing ROMS>Overwrite/Update the existing deltas. You now have a delta for every rom in the gambatte folder in the ra directory.

If you select a core instead of a template, the current retroInvader settings are propagated for the core-options as well.[/QUOTE]

Sorry but this tool of yours doesn’t do anything. It’s confusing to use… I’ve followed your instructions and I see no changes. You will have to break it down. Right now I can’t use this tool in its current state.

ok

Sorry for hijacking this thread. This software is still in beta. i’ve had to fix quite a bit, just recently regarding this portion of the tool.

Anyway, thanks for being so patient, and here’s the process for generating deltas.

I’m not sure exactly what you’re asking here that wintools could help with, all you need to do with overrides is make a .cfg file in configs > <system name> > <system name>.cfg, and for shaders inside just have the line video_shader = “<path to shader file>”

I’m not sure exactly what my application could do to make this much easier, other than I guess letting you browse for the shader file.