RetroArch with Ultimarc I-Pac Ultimate IO

So I am using this board with 2 players each with joysticks and 8 buttons each. I also have bunch of admin buttons for functions. I am looking for some advise/help setting up buttons with this system. I am just not understanding I think how the RetroPad would line up with my setup. I have Ipac using MAME defaults not I know thinks like TRUE = Space should be null to not get in the way.

My layout with buttons number is:

123 7 TRACK 123 7 456 8 Ball 456 8

LCTL LALT SPACE C other side A S Q J LShift Z X V W I K L

Any help/ideas would be great! I am not far into the build so very open to have makes easier etc. I can change defaults for MAME or what every. Also all buttons on panel are RGB so also using LEDBlinky for this. I look how will light up buttons only used in games. Help me kids A LOT!

Can this you use an autoconfig or something? Or per core.

Thanks!

I use a J-PAC in my arcade cab, so I have some experience with this situation.

Since it shows up as a keyboard rather than a gamepad, I don’t think an autoconfig is possible. The way I have mine set up is: 1 = retropad Y 2 = retropad X 3 = retropad L 4 = retropad B 5 = retropad A 6 = retropad R 7 and 8 will be up to you. Probably L1 and R1, respectively.

You’ll need to go through and change any retroarch hotkeys to “nul” if they overlap with the MAME assignments, as you mentioned. I also take advantage of one of the *-PAC’s built-in key combos to launch the menu. P1-Start+P1-Down, IIRC, sends a ‘p’ event, so I nulled out the default ‘pause’ assignment and changed the menu_toggle key from ‘f1’ to ‘p’.

[QUOTE=hunterk;47531]I use a J-PAC in my arcade cab, so I have some experience with this situation.

Since it shows up as a keyboard rather than a gamepad, I don’t think an autoconfig is possible. The way I have mine set up is: 1 = retropad Y 2 = retropad X 3 = retropad L 4 = retropad B 5 = retropad A 6 = retropad R 7 and 8 will be up to you. Probably L1 and R1, respectively.

You’ll need to go through and change any retroarch hotkeys to “nul” if they overlap with the MAME assignments, as you mentioned. I also take advantage of one of the *-PAC’s built-in key combos to launch the menu. P1-Start+P1-Down, IIRC, sends a ‘p’ event, so I nulled out the default ‘pause’ assignment and changed the menu_toggle key from ‘f1’ to ‘p’.[/QUOTE]

Not sure what you mean key combos? The Shift keys in the ipac? I have some admin buttons can use for them.

You this what suggesting:

1 = retropad Y would be then LCntl = Y (retrpad) 2 = retropad X LAlt = X (retrpad)

Yeah, the shift mode.

And yeah, that’s what I was suggesting.

So I am trying not to use the shift keys in the Ipac since I have basically 8 admin buttons. TAB ENTER 5 1 and 2 6 P ESC on my top row.

Since using RocketLauncher to start my games I thought I would disable pause within RetroArch and just use HyperPause. I might be wrong. But I was thinking using the P key or maybe like NUM + or something. I can’t seem to get working. Here is what I have done so far.

input_toggle_fast_forward = “nul” menu_pause_libretro = “nul” input_pause_toggle = “nul” input_menu_toggle = “TAB”

I thought using TAB for Menu instead of f1 would make so my TAB admin worked. Doesn’t do anything still need to press f1 for RA menu. I haven’t gotten to buttons yet just working on admin stuff right now. If you could point me to where the buttons are in cfg.

I have RA saving cfg per core so I can make different keys per system. Right now just messing with genesis_plus_gx_libretro.dll.cfg

So I am getting there. I think have Genesis pretty much working. Now with Nintendo Entertainment System here is issue. I have player 1 setup with up,down,right arrow keys and player 2 with r,f,d and g. When in game looks like wants keys for player 1 to be num8,num2,num4 and num6. Haven’t tried player 2 yet.

How do I over come this?

Also noticed with RA starts saying my I-Pac Ultimate I/O is not configured.

[QUOTE=rmilyard;47564]So I am getting there. I think have Genesis pretty much working. Now with Nintendo Entertainment System here is issue. I have player 1 setup with up,down,right arrow keys and player 2 with r,f,d and g. When in game looks like wants keys for player 1 to be num8,num2,num4 and num6. Haven’t tried player 2 yet.

How do I over come this?

Also noticed with RA starts saying my I-Pac Ultimate I/O is not configured.[/QUOTE]

Looks like might just be me for the inputs. I have Num5 tried to select and that works in menus. I was trying to use joysticks and doesn’t work. So think might be me not remembering how to use NES! lol. Still not sure why getting Yellow I-Pac Ultimate I/O is not configured

FYI, per-core configs are going away (already gone in the latest nightlies), so all of the core-specific stuff is handled by config overrides now. If you plan on updating any time soon, you might want to go ahead and use the overrides. If you’re planning to stick with your current version of RA indefinitely and just update your cores, you should be fine.

When you make your changes, make sure RetroArch isn’t running while you edit the config or your changes will get wiped when you exit (RA only writes config values to file when you exit, so whatever is stored in memory gets re-written). Also, I think it might be case-sensitive, so “tab” instead of “TAB”

[QUOTE=hunterk;47567]FYI, per-core configs are going away (already gone in the latest nightlies), so all of the core-specific stuff is handled by config overrides now. If you plan on updating any time soon, you might want to go ahead and use the overrides. If you’re planning to stick with your current version of RA indefinitely and just update your cores, you should be fine.

When you make your changes, make sure RetroArch isn’t running while you edit the config or your changes will get wiped when you exit (RA only writes config values to file when you exit, so whatever is stored in memory gets re-written). Also, I think it might be case-sensitive, so “tab” instead of “TAB”[/QUOTE]

Got the tab fixed. Was tab not TAB. Also how is this override going to work? Any info on it so I can start to figure that out? It would be nice to stay current and have a handle since starting over from scratch right now one system at a time to get it right.

In the latest nightlies, you can make overrides right from the GUI, which is the easiest way to do it. However, you can also make them manually by creating a directory named the same as the core (i.e., the name that shows in the bottom-left corner when you load the core) and then a cfg file inside that directory with the same name. E.g., Nestopia/Nestopia.cfg

These cfg files only need the handful of options you want different from the main config. In your case, the input changes, any different shaders/overlays, etc.

The yellow “not configured” message means that there isn’t an autoconfig profile for it, and I don’t think it’s possible to have an autoconfig profile that handles both P1 and P2 at the same time. If you want the message to stop showing, you’ll need to go into settings > onscreen display and set it to OFF.

[QUOTE=hunterk;47569]In the latest nightlies, you can make overrides right from the GUI, which is the easiest way to do it. However, you can also make them manually by creating a directory named the same as the core (i.e., the name that shows in the bottom-left corner when you load the core) and then a cfg file inside that directory with the same name. E.g., Nestopia/Nestopia.cfg

These cfg files only need the handful of options you want different from the main config. In your case, the input changes, any different shaders/overlays, etc.

The yellow “not configured” message means that there isn’t an autoconfig profile for it, and I don’t think it’s possible to have an autoconfig profile that handles both P1 and P2 at the same time. If you want the message to stop showing, you’ll need to go into settings > onscreen display and set it to OFF.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! You have helped me a lot! I have Genesis and NES working now I believe. I am sure will find some buttons when start playing more but can fix them. I will look at this override maybe I will install on my PC and mess with it to see what you mean.