RetroArch with Vulkan on Shield K1 Tablet?

I keep reading on the blog that Vulkan has been used on RetroArch to reduce latency and other related issues on devices such as the nVidia K1 Tablet. Has this been implemented in 1.3.6 and if so, is this something only Marshmallow users can take advantage of? I’m currently on Lollipop as I’ve heard nothing but bad things about Marshmallow, i.e worse emulator performance. Well that, and I don’t want to have to back up and reinstall everything should I update to the new OS, but if this is the case, why can’t it work in Lollipop? The other question is, would it once and for all provide an experience for me without it crackling and slowing down on Snes emulation? As that still remains a problem and RA’s default settings do not provide me with a flawless experience, regardless of the fact others have had better luck. Sorry for the weird post, I just was curious as to when this API will be working with RA on the Shield Tablet, thanks.

Edit; Well, updated to 1.3.6, I can see that there is indeed an option for the Vulkan driver, but uh, heh, the app crashed on me when I saved it and loaded it again…