So I’m baffled more people haven’t had this problem, or maybe I’m simply a dunce and can’t figure out how shaders actually work.
So this is the problem I’m having, RetroArch won’t recognize any shader files. Meaning glsl, cg, glslp, etc. When a game is running, I will try to Load Preset but every folder shows as empty. They are not empty though. I can see they’re there in Windows Explorer
I should mention I did a fresh install of 1.7.5 and I’m on Windows 8.1
I figure it was a firewall issue or Windows defender but I have both turned off. I also have full permission to read write everything in the retroarch folder. So I have no clue
I should mention that I also can’t use the online updater (gives me “task failed”), but I figure since I already downloaded the core I wanted manually (PCSX) I figured that was it for that… Really testing the game it works fine, it’s just shaders that are completely MIA
Not sure if I should make a topic asking for help getting the online updater working first, and then ask about the shaders, or if they’re independant from each other.
Thanks for the help in advance