Retroarch: Worse performance when Livesplit is running

I tried to speedrun some games on retroarch while using Livesplit.

I noticed a significant decrease in performance when having livesplit on top… more input lag, and screen stuttering (just a little bit, but noticable). I’m using retroarch 1.9.0

Tried using both programs as administrator, didnt help in that regard. also using windows 7/8 compability on livesplit didnt do the trick.

I also noticed, that if i minimize livesplit (still running though) the issue is gone… weird.

any ideas? on my old laptop, which had way worse specs, this was no problem (but it had windows 7, and my current one has windows 10… if that matters)

as always, this forum is no help at all^^

It’s no one’s job to help you. If no one is responding, that typically means no one has a solution or constructive input to your problem.

It’s not unusual for programs running as overlays on top of other programs to add input latency, as the underlaid program cannot have exclusive fullscreen control.

Problem is also there on windowed retroarch.

Yes, running in exclusive fullscreen gives significant latency advantage vs windowed. Have you tried using d3d11 video driver in RetroArch? It may give better latency than some of the others in Windows esp outside of the exclusive fullscreen context.

just tried d3d11, runs way worse in terms of performance (input lag), even without livesplit running.