Retroarch XMB Search option

Hello everyone. I just have a quick question and or request. I love retroarch and have been using the nightly builds for a while. I have retroarch set up to run on a few computers on boot-up into XMB and i use controller with no keyboard mouse setup. The problem is on any controller I use if I press what would be they Y button on a 360 controller, or the TRIANGLE on a ps3 controller it brings up a search menu, but without use of keyboard or mouse there is no way to exit the search menu, so i have to have keyboard hooked up and press enter. is there a way to disable the search feature for controller only support, I have searched forums and found that search is mapped to keyboard key “/” so I tested it on keyboard on XMB menu and it is indeed the search option, so I looked under input options but found nothing, then I hunted through the retroarch.cfg also found nothing. if there is a way to disable this I missed pleas let me know, otherwise I would like to make a request to have ability to disable. Thanks.

yeah, that’s a known issue, unfortunately. I think the plan is to implement a timeout. There’s also plans for an onscreen keyboard that you can control with a gamepad, so you could bring that up and use/cancel the search.

This never was got back to. Please make a controller button to cancel search, this is irriatating.

It’s START to cancel.

Oops

Sorry :confused: coulda sworn I tried that…

I have a similar problem. Using Lakka 2.1 with a mini-keyboard, if I press slash / and get the “search” menu, then the keyboard seems to be disabled. Typing does nothing and no key allows me to exit the dreaded “search”. I was able to exit using a game pad by pressing start. Is there any way to disable search altogether? I am unlikely to ever use it and don’t want it.

“Enter” is the start key when using a keyboard to navigate, are you sure you tried pressing Enter to cancel search? https://docs.libretro.com/guides/retroarch-keyboard-controls/

Thanks for replying. I am pretty sure I was pressing Enter. I may need to go back and test this some more. I think I had the same gamepad configured for two player inputs, which was definitely causing issues but I don’t know how/if they affected the keyboard.