Retrolink N64 controller input configuration

Hey all

I have just brought myself a Retrolink N64 controller (http://www.amazon.com/Retrolink-Nintendo-64-Classic-Enabled-Controller/dp/B008L3UUPS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1449378523&sr=8-1&keywords=retrolink+n64) because I wanted to experience the old school days with the N64. I was a PSX boy back in the days, so I wanted to try playing some of the N64 classics like SUper Mario 64 and Conkers bad fur day on my Windows 10 PC. I have installed the Retroarch by following the lifehacker guide (http://lifehacker.com/how-to-set-up-an-all-in-one-retro-game-emulator-with-re-1745863517).

Everything works, but I can’t figure out which buttons should go where in the User 1 bind all setting. Since I I’m not that familiar with which button does where in the physical version of the controller, I would like to here if you guys to give me a overview. I have tried to google all night and testing in Super Mario 64, but with any smooth satisfation.

I’m a basic to moderate PC user, so if you could help me like I was your granddad or grandson, that would be fantastic.

Thank your for your time just reading this post. If someone have asked this question before I’m sorry and would be very happy to know very I can find more information.

Here’s the relevant bit from the source code that lays out which buttons on the virtual “retropad” correspond to the physical N64 buttons: RETRO_DEVICE_ID_JOYPAD_A, “A Button (C-Right)” RETRO_DEVICE_ID_JOYPAD_B, “B Button (C-Down)” RETRO_DEVICE_ID_JOYPAD_L2, “Z-Trigger” RETRO_DEVICE_ID_JOYPAD_START, “START Button” RETRO_DEVICE_ID_JOYPAD_UP, “Up (digital)” RETRO_DEVICE_ID_JOYPAD_DOWN, “Down (digital)” RETRO_DEVICE_ID_JOYPAD_LEFT, “Left (digital)” RETRO_DEVICE_ID_JOYPAD_RIGHT, “Right (digital)” RETRO_DEVICE_ID_JOYPAD_SELECT, “Change Controls” RETRO_DEVICE_ID_JOYPAD_R2, “C Buttons Mode” RETRO_DEVICE_ID_JOYPAD_L, “L-Trigger” RETRO_DEVICE_ID_JOYPAD_R, “R-Trigger” RETRO_DEVICE_ID_JOYPAD_X, “(C-Up)” RETRO_DEVICE_ID_JOYPAD_Y, “(C-Left)”

RETRO_DEVICE_INDEX_ANALOG_LEFT , RETRO_DEVICE_ID_ANALOG_X, “Control Stick X” RETRO_DEVICE_INDEX_ANALOG_LEFT , RETRO_DEVICE_ID_ANALOG_Y, “Control Stick Y” RETRO_DEVICE_INDEX_ANALOG_RIGHT, RETRO_DEVICE_ID_ANALOG_X, “C Buttons X” RETRO_DEVICE_INDEX_ANALOG_RIGHT, RETRO_DEVICE_ID_ANALOG_Y, “C Buttons Y”

So, to map your controller, when it asks for e.g. L2, you’ll press the N64 pad’s Z button. Make sense? This core’s input is a little weird, so you might still need a little trial-and-error when it comes to the C-buttons.