RetroPad left and right shoulder buttons are missing on Flycast

I installed Flycast core and set up my controller (Logitech F710 on XInput) as usual, using RetroPad Analog and xinput driver. However, I noticed that after I load a game, when I got to control options, the controller left and right shoulder buttons (LB and RB) do not show at all, only left and right triggers (LT and RT).

The Dreamcast controller left and right shoulder buttons entries do exist in the list, but not the RetroPad/actual controller LB and RB, I cycle the buttons but they simply don’t show up. I tried changing input from RetroPad Analog to Controller, but nothing. This doesn’t happen with any other core, like Bleem PSX HW, Bleem Saturn or mGBA, so I believe it’s an issue with Flycast core itself and not the RetroPad controller abstraction. Thanks in advance.

Info:

Retroarch version: 1.7.8 x64 stable

Flycast version: 0.1 0a4d8a9

The Dreamcast controller only had analog triggers, no digital shoulder buttons. There might be a core option in Flycast to enable digital triggers mapped to the shoulder buttons though.

1 Like

Yeah, I googled and the Dreamcast controller shoulder buttons are indeed triggers, but I was expecting them to be labeled shoulder buttons, like an Xbox One controller. I don’t how I didn’t catch it first, I was hoping I could delete the thread before someone pointed this obvious thing haha, shame on me. Thanks for suggestion, I’ll check if there’s such an option.

edit: the Flycast core documentation page (https://docs.libretro.com/library/flycast) has a drawing of a Dreamcast controller with “shoulder” buttons labels, I guess that’s the source of my confusion. Probably not a big deal, but if someone edited the image with “triggers” labels instead, I think it would be nice.