RetroTools - cross platform helper utility (WIP)

Source Code: https://github.com/Hypnotoad90/RetroTools

[B]Download:

[/B]Windows: https://github.com/Hypnotoad90/RetroTools/releases

Binaries for other platforms coming soon, follow the build instructions in the readme on GitHub to build from source.

RetroTools is a set of tools to assist you with setting up RetroArch.

At present this contains three utilities:

1. A Dir to Playlist tab, which allows you to generate a playlist file by pointing it to a rom directory.

2. An ‘m3u generator’, which allows for quick and simple generation of an m3u file for multi-disk games.

3. And finally a ‘box-art helper’ utility, which helps you easily add box-art for your games. This tool will create a set of sub folders corresponding to all of the games in a selected playlist. Then, you simply add box-art images (must be .png but can otherwise be named anything) to the appropriate sub-folders. Afterwards, this tool will appropriately rename these images and move them to your selected RetroArch box-art directory. This allows for quick addition of box-art for your games without having to manually rename each image and check against the specific name in the playlist for each entry.

Note, this is a work in progress - more features will be coming soon. Please let me know of any features/tools you’d like to see in this to help you setup RetroArch more quickly/conveniently - as well as any bugs/issues you come across. Pull requests are welcome.

Update: playlists should now be generated with separators (i.e. forward or backward slashes in the file paths) native to your operating system, rather than always using forward slashes.

This is really cool. Can you include the option to use more than one file extension per playlist? Some of my platforms use multiple file types for ROMs.

This tool is great. It should be distributed along with RetroArch :slight_smile: Thank you so much!

As a suggestion, I second the comment above about being able to detect more than one extension at a time And I would suggest an option to scan subfolders — The best use I would have for this tool is for CD based games, and those I keep on individual folders. A way to scan all .cue files inside a directory including subfolders would be ideal!