Return Button

Hello, this is my first thread. I have been using RetroArch for the last couple of days, specifically the PSX, PPSSPP, 2048 and prdoom cores.

One question: when I press the escape [ESC] button the game vaporizes and the RetroArch interface does not resurface. Therefore, I have to access RA as if I want to start using the software from scratch.

Is there a setting or workaround so that when I press [ESC] the game vanishes but RA interface returns?

Thanks all!

Pause is the “P” key.

Yes, you’re right. P is to pause the game and keep the game on top. F1 also pauses the games but displays the RetroArch interface offering a menu dedicated to the game being currently played. I feel I’m sorted now. Thanks all.

If you are using an Xbox controller or something that has the equivalent of the “Live” button, (the Xbox button in the middle of the controller) that by default brings up the same menu as F1. It does that for me by default at least.

I have to invest in a controller sooner or later. At the moment, I am only using the laptop’s keyboard. I’m quite used to it having never used a controller on epsxe or ppsspp. The F1 on my laptop requires the function [Fn] button to be pressed prior the [F1] but there is a workaround for this too: through the startup BIOS.

[QUOTE=Yrvyne;39067]Yes, you’re right. P is to pause the game and keep the game on top. F1 also pauses the games but displays the RetroArch interface offering a menu dedicated to the game being currently played. I feel I’m sorted now. Thanks all.[/QUOTE] it’s more than the “Quick Menu”. You can get to any menu to change any settings.