RGUI Onscreen notifications disappear

When Display Framerate is ON, onscreen notifications --like shader names and save/load states messages-- appear for a single frame and then it seems like they get overwritten by the framerate notification.

I don’t know if this is a known problem or if it’s a problem on my end. Is somebody else experiencing this?

I’m pretty sure that’s just a result of it spamming the frame count message every frame.

:thinking: It’s been a while since it started happening, but I remember having both framerate and other messages. Back then, I disabled the framerate message as a workaround. But lately, I’ve been monitoring framerates and that means that I get no other messages than that :disappointed:

Is it the intended behaviour now, or is it a bug?

If I had to guess, I would say somewhere in between. That is, it’s probably not intended behavior but I don’t know that it’s unexpected, either.

Should I create a new issue on github, then? I wouldn’t want to waste dev’s time if it’s not a bug.

Sure, go for it. It might not get a huge response, or it might get resolved quickly :slight_smile:

I created an issue on github last time.

I git bisect found the commit that started the behaviour that I describe was: 5a990841dc0753b6a3a218d345dad72ea6cf424b.

1 Like

Here is a working patch.

1 Like

this has been one of my request gone on deaf ears, to make it possible that fps count can be on title bar only, because the one showing in OSD covers any other OSD messages

Sounds good but what about fullscreen?.