RGUI Video Settings will not save on exit

I recently downgraded to V 0.9.9.3 because I wanted to use my PS3 controller to play Diablo, and with the current version the key bindings where all haywire and Un-changeable on my iphone 6+. Once I get my screen set up to 1480x835 and the opacity on my overlay down to 0, I can comfortably play the game with my ps3 controller. (probably the coolest thing ever for me, not gonna lie.) the game loads save states with NO PROBLEMS.

the problem; upon exiting (or crashing) and re-opening retroarch, my screen resolution and overlay opacity are back to the default settings and I have to re-size the screen every time I want to play. ( realllly annoying since my screen is massive…) I have tried the save on exit option, but no matter what I try the RGUI won’t save my custom ratio or the overlay opacity once I exit.

It will save my controller key binds, or anything i do in the system config or core config menus, just not the RGUI.

That stuff and the input stuff are all in the same file, so it’s probably not a permissions issue… Have you tried setting that stuff up and then exiting (using the ‘quit retroarch’ option from the menu) without playing any games?

I have to load my game in order to enter the RGUI in the first place to custom scale the screen, otherwise its just the iphone looking settings menus and core options, which fit to scale on my screen just fine. As soon as i load a rom, the screen resolution gets all funky and the overlays dont line up until i re size via the in game RGUI video options using the sizing tool. I did try exiting via the RGUI after loading the game and getting it all set up, to no success. Maybe something with the 0.9.9 PCSX ReARMed r19?

Dunno. Could be. I would recommend replacing the old core dylib with one of the newer core builds from the buildbot: http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/ios/latest/

You might also try doing your settings in some other core in case that one’s crashing on exit.

The new core worked in terms of saving my custom aspect ratio and resolution so many thanks! The overlay opacity still resets to 100% after exit however.