Right thumbstick not recognized

I’m posting in General because I’m not sure if this a problem with OSX or the Xbox360 controller. I’ve had this problem on Yosemite and the version immediately previous to it. I’m running the October 1.0.0.3 nightly build for OSX64. I’m using the tattiebogle driver .14 (with some kind of hack I found to get it to continue working on Yosemite). When I launch the driver in system preferences, all the controller buttons including the right thumbstick work.

RetroArch doesn’t seem to recognize the right thumbstick at all. (The left thumbstick works perfectly.) When I go into binding, it registers all the buttons but has no response when I try to bind the right thumbstick to anything. I have to hit enter to skip.

Another problem I have when binding is that I hit a button and it doesn’t respond sometimes. It’s random. It just waits. I hit the button again, then it skips the next binding. I end up with some buttons registered to two different things. But then the configuration doesn’t stick either.

I tried relying on autoconfig, but for NES (Nestopia core) it sets the start button to open the GUI. Then when I exit the GUI, the game just hangs and I have to force quit.

I can’t change any settings through the GUI, I hit enter and it does nothing, but I tried changing input device to 5 for joypad w/ analog and I tried changing device type from apple_input to udev. I’m not remembering the exact names for these so if anyone is confused I will go back and check.

RetroArch is really great but the GUI is still at an early state and super buggy. Can’t wait for the next release! I hope it addresses these issues because none of them are mentioned in the blog.