Rom scanning issues on ps3 version 1.7.3

I’m having 2 issues when scanning rom files.

1. When scanning roms for some systems like snes it wont count up any of the roms. In the bottom corner you normally see the yellow text showing the scanning progress. When I scan snes roms it will stay like this 0/1203 it never counts even one rom. It will sit like that for a couple seconds then disappear. When I back out of the scanner the snes section isn’t there. I’ve tried loading the core for all three snes emulators with the same result. I’ve also tried scanning with the roms zipped and with them unzipped. I’m using the No Intro set of roms. Is there a fix to this? Or am I doing something wrong?

2. The 2nd issue I’m having is when I scan roms for some emulators like PC engine/tg16 it will appear to scan the roms. You can see the yellow text in the bottom left corner. And you can see it counting up through the roms. But when I back out to the main screen after the scan the tab for the pce/tg16 isn’t there. Am I doing something wrong here too? Again with this one I have tried both zipped and unzipped roms.

I also want to point out that I have tried updating both of these emulators as well as the others that have scanning issues. I have the emulators for NES, GB, GBA, Atari 2600, Atari 7800, Game Gear working and playable. Also all of the ones that wont scan are playable if I manually load the core then load the rom. If anyone has any info of why this is happening I would really appreciate the help.

Thank you, Ray