Rotate Menu Options

Hi

I am using RetroArch on Raspberry Pi 4, it a custom config for rotate the screen in games for a perfect play in a 5/4 vertical mode. Works great and no problems at all.

But the menu options don´t turn and i can´t find a option to turn also the Menu Options in RetroArch.

I have tried the #screen_orientation=3# (like video_rotation=3) but no changes at all.

I am using RPI4 with video driver gl.

Have you looked in Settings - Video - Output - Screen Orientation?
Are you using LAKKA? Which version?
Don’t know if LAKKA has this already implemented

1 Like

I use RetroPie on RPI4. I change the settings screen orientation in retroarch.cfg (can´t find this on menu options)

On RPI4 this don´t work, i have tried on windows e works.

I tried again it reset in configs, then activate advanced settings and the option Video - Output - Screen Orientation don´t show.

I only change this in retroarch.cfg, maybe this option are not implement yet on PI4

AFAIK latest RetroPie (4.6) uses RetroArch 1.8.5.
Maybe this function was implemented in a later version

@P47 it seems that neither RetroPie nor LAKKA have this setting implemented.
If you don’t mind for a permanent solution, you can add the following line to your /boot/config.txt:

display_rotate=1

where 1=90°, 2=180° and 3=270°

Note, for editing config.txt you eventually have to ssh into your RPi or use a Linux system to mount the SD card.

I already know this steps, i use in the past on RPI3, but this is Pi4, this steps don´t work on Pi4 without disable hardware acceleration.

I think i will survive without that, i have already all cores configure, the games rotate correctly, the front end Attract Mode or ES rotate correctly also.

But many thanks @ImnoTapLumber, i think in the future have more options for this in RetroArch or in Raspberry OS.

2 Likes