RretroStone

Hi There is a retro console on kickstarter called RetroStone. Link:

I am curious if it has Retroarch’s blessing or if it will be a in the hall of shame once released.

If it gets the go ahead from Retroarch, I am curious to hear anyone’s thoughts or opinions on if it looks any good.

Thanks

It doesn’t have our blessing, specifically, but just judging from the Kickstarter page, it sounds like it’s not obviously violating any licenses, so that’s good. Seems like they’re avoiding the issue by not bundling any software, which is probably the safest way to handle it.

As long as it doesn’t facilitate piracy (i.e., by bundling ROMs or including illegal ROM downloaders, etc.) and doesn’t violate any software licenses, it’s okay by us.

1 Like

I will never understand why every single last one of these builds never ever has a six-button setup. Sega, N64, 3DO, Jaguar… there’s a number of systems that get kinda screwed without it.

It does look like you can add 2 more buttons to this one if you don’t mind doing surgery on the case. It has the contacts for 6 face buttons on the board.

“It doesn’t have our blessing, specifically”

Sorry, poorly worded question by me.

“it’s okay by us”

That’s all I was looking for. I don’t won’t to help finance your problems. Thanks for your time.

2 Likes