Run Ahead input issues?

Anyone else unable to fly properly in SMW with run ahead turned on? Mario keeps coming out of the swoop every few frames. Im assuming its not perfect yet correct.

Nope, no issue here.
Perhaps you went too far? there’s just 2 frames to remove in smw.

I suspect you’re using a bsnes/higan core, which can internally desync due to its nondeterministic savestates. The same thing happens with netplay.

The solution is to use snes9x, which works better with runahead.

1 Like

This corrected my issue, i am using just snes9x not 2002,2005.or 2010. Should I be using any of those other ones or the one im using is fine, also it feels like its faster is it just me or was the mercury core running slower or the correct speed? Music sounds correct though.

Try and See what Happens

This corrected my issue, i am using just snes9x not 2002,2005.or 2010. Should I be using any of those other ones or the one im using is fine, also it feels like its faster is it just me or was the mercury core running slower or the correct speed? Music sounds correct though.

The one without numbers is fine. You should generally try to use the cores without numbers first and only fall back to the year-stamped cores if the regular one isn’t fast enough.

There should be no difference in actual framerate speed among SNES cores. With runahead, snes9x should feel significantly more responsive.

Yeah 9x is a beast once you eliminate the uneeded frames, thats probably why is seems faster. Thanks so much for all your help as always!