Running PC Engine CD games on PS Vita?

Hello

I am trying to run PC Engine CD games on PS Vita using mednafen. I have done the following-

Downloaded a JPN BIOS file, and saved it to Data/Retroarch/System. I can load this as content. Saved the ISO file in my PC Engine folder. Saved the CUE file in my PC Engine folder. This has an identical file name to the ISO. I have added the following text to the start of the CUE file- FILE “Akumajou_Dracula_X_-Chi_no_Rinne(NTSC-J)_[KMCD3005].iso” BINARY

However when I select the CUE file, I get the following error -

An error has occurred in the following application (C2-12828-1) Saved Core File Succeeded UX0:Data/psp2core-1475608165

Could anyone help me and let me know what it is I am doing wrong? Many thanks in advance for any help.

I would suspect that the cue file is incorrect, you didn’t post track time code information, or the ISO is a bad dump. If you could get a new dump in bin/cue format that might work. Also, verify the filenames and checksums of the bios files. You should have them all really.

Edit: Also, if you can do your setup testing on a PC it should transfer right over to your Vita. That way you can easily move things around and verify you have the correct versions and that the image file is or isn’t working.

Also, if you could get it working on PC, your bioses and roms should transfer right over.

Thanks for the reply. You were right, I tried a new ISO and CUE file and it worked.

One thing though, everytime I put the Vita to sleep or click on the PS button, the emulator crashes, but only when I am playing CD games (Rondo of Blood for example). Is there anyway to stop this from happening?

To clarify what I mean by “crashes”… actually its just the sound that crashes, and it just makes an infernal constant buzzing!