Sajmandajmand's idea box

Merge two playlists. Would be nice to have in some cases like PC Engine, Sega Mega Drive, Arcade

============================================================================

Global crop option. A while ago I made a tutorial on how to remove black pixels without loosing the aspect ratio. The method I described there relayed on the core having this cut option. It would be perfect to see this being implemented on a higher level.

Marked at beaten/played. I play quite a lot of video games. In fact so many that I sometimes forget witch one I already have beaten. A option for marking games as beaten (maybe this is possible thanks to the new playlist format) and maybe hide already beaten games from view.

All user data in one folder. I like to keep things as clean as possible. A settings toggle for using one folder for all saves, savestates, config, remaps, cheats, shaders etc instead of multiple would be appreciated. This is kind of possible right now, but it require multiple steps to set it up and messes up some stuff.

Untitled-4

Multiple favorite playlists. This is sort of possible right now but requires the creation of an empty playlist and then cut/paste from content_favorites.lpl to the new playlist.

All users share the same remap.

Video driver change on the fly. I’m using Vulkan as my video driver meaning cores like “mupen64plus next” and “flycast” wouldn’t run unless I reboot RetroArch with different config file. Maybe something that automate this process…

Untitled-1

List all games from a developer / release year / genre

Easier keep track of game series. It would me really nice to be able to sort all games i a series together.

Changing video drivers via config overrides is now possible.

Most of your other suggestions are definitely good, but they require doing some things with databases that our databases aren’t very good at doing. If we switched over to something like SQLite, that sort of thing would be easier.

1 Like

This is fantastic news. I wait for the next big update.

Bumped with new idea.

Bump bunp bunp bump bunp