Same core different settings

I have different overlays for dif machines for example megadrive, 32x, mega cd, master system, game gear etc but only two cores cover these machines picodrive and genesis plus gx, and since each core only has one save name how would it be possible to automatically load each overlay for dif machines on the same core? Hope this is clear enough, i just want a game gear overlay when i load a gg game and megadrive overlay when i load md game, but at the min if i change an overlay on either it loads the last change because the core is the same.

Yeah, the only option here is by setting up game-specific overrides for each GG/MS game you want to play, which isn’t a great solution. At some point, it would be cool to have override rules based on regular expressions, like “if *.gbc then use overlay1, if *.gb then use overlay2” etc.

Yeah, i did manage this on the Ouya via Nostalgia, but i’m not rooted and i forgot how i did it, oh well will have to use dual overlays for now, thanks.

It’s a good idea, I could try implementing that, not sure it’s possible since in most cases roms are zipped, I would have to peek in the zip and with goodsets it would be a mess.