Save directory bug when using RetroArch through Hyperspin

I have this problem for years now i think. Everytime i use Hyperspin + RetroArch, the save files are created in the ROM directory instead of the “saves” folder, despite having this folder setup in the directories.

A few months ago i fixed the problem by creating overrides with the save paths only. But now it seems like these get ignored for some reason. So now it saves in the ROM path again…

Is there any way to make it save in the “saves” folder?

Below is my retroarch.cfg path. I have the same path in the overrides. And the same path in the RetroArch.Ahk.

savefile_directory = “:\saves” savestate_directory = “:\states” But it still saves in the ROMs path.

It’s possibly losing the relative path when launching from Hyperspin and then falling back to the default ROMdir. Try putting in the hardcoded full path to the directory instead of the relative path.

Thanks for the reply.

I finally found a solution for this problem. It was the retroarch module all along. There are a few instances of this line:

“”" -s “”" . srmPath.FilePath . “” . romName . “.srm”" -S “”" . saveStatePath.FilePath . “” . romName . “.state”"" .

I deleted them all and now it saves where it should.