Save file location

Hi everyone

Running zelda on retroarch (n64) and the emulator is never registering my saves. I can save the state but never from within the game.

also if possible could someone tell me where the save files are located? (Not save states). I wAnt to transfer my save file over from my pc version of the game

thanks in advance

if you don’t have a save directory setup, I believe it defaults to the same directory as the ROM.

Thanks!

do you know why its not saving any of my games? In game saves not save states

That’s usually a result of one of two things:

1.) you don’t have write permissions to the directory where it’s trying to save the files 2.) you’re not exiting cleanly (i.e., using the ‘quit RetroArch’ option from the menu) and are instead just switching back to the homescreen and killing it / letting it die on its own. This is a problem because RetroArch only writes the saves to file on exit, so if you never tell it to quit normally, it never knows to write it and the information gets lost when the program dies. There is an option autowrite the SRAM at an interval (I think the default is something like 10 seconds), which can alleviate the issue, for the most part.