Save files database for the Online Updater

I was thinking that it would be great if there was a RetroArch compatible save files database in the online updater. And for people who finish their games to be able to upload and share these files.

I have found a couple of sites that host save files for a bunch of emulators (Zophar’s Domain is one of them) but these are usually saves for popular standalone emulators and don’t work in RetroArch unless you use a converter of some sort. And even then, i don’t know if a converter is enough in some cases. Plus, they are incomplete and i don’t think they update these often.

The only incompatibility issue we would face by sharing our RetroArch save files should be the file name. But this is an easy thing to fix, we can just rename these files to match or roms after we download. A naming standard like No-Intro or the Hyperspin XMLs would be the best i think.

Good idea, GemaH.

Only two problems I can think about are:

1. File naming: Manually solved, as you said, or, as I do, renaming all my save games like the CRC32 of the ROM they belong to. So I can reuse my saves after renaming the ROMs (when I update them using a newer No-Intro DAT).

2. Emulator compatibility: Are the saves from emulator A compatible with emulator B? are the saves from emulator A v1.0 compatible with emulator A v2.0?

Regards