Save files from these cores don't work with their emulators

Hi,

Save files (*.srm files, not save states) from these RetroArch cores:

Snes9x - Current VBA-M

don’t work in their respective emulators:

Snes9x 1.60 VisualBoyAdvance-M 2.1.4 (neither 2.1.3)

In VBA-M, I used the gbaconv tool from VBA-Next core and it doesn’t convert between *.srm save files from current VBA-M core to *.sav format of VisualBoy Advance-M. It only works the other way round, from emulator to RetroArch. (and once you have converted it may convert that new *.srm file generated by gbaconv to *.sav format, but this method doesn’t work with files generated by the RetroArch core directly, and that isn’t useful)

The other way round works fine (from emulators -> RetroArch), but I like to have a save file what works on both systems. I don’t demand save states work, but yes native saves. Just in case.

Thank you and regards.

anyone can help? i want to use retroarch, but i need compatibility

snes9x core’s sram should definitely go back and forth. It should work on bsnes or mesen-s, too. I suspect the issue is the SRAM compression, which you can turn off in the settings.

Where exactly? I didn’t find it.

settings > saving > sram compression and savestate compression. They’re likely considered ‘advanced’ settings, so you’ll need to go to settings > user interface > show advanced settings ON before they’ll show up.

I managed to load the native saves, thanks. But the sram compression was turned off already. Savestates turned on, but I know that the savestates won’t work between emulators.