Save Settings Retroarch 1.22 etc

Hallo,

1. In your Retroarch Version 1.22 you can deactivate “Save Configuration on Exit” (turn it off) at Settings --> Configuration. But when you restart the retroarch app “Save Configuraton in Exit” it is activated again. Retroarch doesn’t save it when you turn this preference off? How can I save this preference correctly?
  2. Is there a possibility to add / change the standard directory when you click on “Load Content --> Select File”. I would like to choose a own directory where my games are saved.
  3. Do you have a core in retroarch which allows me to play Sega Dreamcast games?

Hope to hear from you soon!

1.) heh, yeah, that’s a catch-22. If you turn it off, it won’t write to file, so it never remembers it :stuck_out_tongue: The solution is to manually edit your retroarch.cfg in a text editor. It normally resides in a root-only-accessible directory (/data/data/com.retroarch) so if you’re rooted, you can just go in there and change it. If not, you’ll need to set you config directory to somewhere that you can write to, save the current config in there and then edit that.

2.) Sure, in the settings > directory settings change the default content path to wherever you like and it will always start you in that directory.

3.) No dreamcast core (yet). skmp from reicast has expressed interest in adding a libretro target but he hasn’t started it yet.

Sorry to hijack the thread but this is sort of configuration related. How does one make a saved configuration stick? For some reason, I could load a saved config just fine but the settings don’t save after I exit retroarch. Am i missing something when it comes to loading configs?

you don’t need to save manually, just exit and it should save correctly

The reason I tried saving a config was to reuse it if for instance I install a newer nightly build (which forces me to uninstall the old build), so that I wouldn’t need to re-set custom folders, custom inputs etc

Scratch that, guess I didn’t have to uninstall the old build to install a newer nightly. Carries my options over too.