Save state options directly under quick menu

So in the past I was able to save and load states directly from the quick menu. Now, there’s a sub menu for it. I couldn’t find a config to return it to the way it was. Any way to do this?

AFAIK, no. They were collapsed into a sub-menu because the quick menu was just getting too big to be useful, and that was the only thing that could be obviously condensed.

You can still map hotkeys to trigger save/load functions but I don’t think there’s any way to pull those back out again.

Bummer. The thing about hotkeys is that they can’t be mapped per core, so it prevents some needed buttons in consoles like psx.

Thanks anyway

You should be able to do hotkeys per-core in overrides nowadays. That wasn’t the case for years and years but it changed a couple of versions ago.

Is this change only for the desktop/mouse UI?

It’s not a good change IMO. It now requires more clicks/moves for the same function. I get the need for condensed items but there should be a way to bring it back, by manually editing the .cfg so no additional options for this are in the menu.

The submenu option has been under the Quick Menu visibility options since the introduction of that feature. It defaulted to off then.

1 Like

Oh really? That’s awesome, I had no idea. I’ll try it.

Wait, so it’s really there? I couldn’t find it. Can you please send a picture?

yeah, I thought you/we had, but I looked in there before writing that post and didn’t see it. I guess it’s easy to miss amongst the bajillion others.

there should be a way to bring it back

I get this, and in this case we’ve apparently done that, but OTOH that sort of thing shits up the codebase, and we have to be able to make changes despite any change breaking someone’s workflow.

Right lol. And it’s tedious having a configurable boolean for every little thing. I know, I’m a software developer too.

Maybe one of these days I’ll throw my hat in the ring to implement some features I want.

1 Like

The reasoning for defaulting this to ON is rather obvious, especially after Replay Controls were added to Quick Menu. I decided to default those to OFF regardless.

2 Likes

Awesome, thanks. I totally missed the fact that there’s a quick menu sub menu inside the visibility menu.

brief OT:
Recently I knew the option “Hotkey Enable” You can use any button (23 on an xbox standar gamepad) without interfering with the system, it’s like pressing Ctrl+C / Ctrl+V but with the button of your choice.
It’s a vice that thing :grimacing: