Save States on Multiple Disks

So I am playing Legend of Dragoon through PCSX ReARMed, saving on State 0. If you don’t know the game it has 4 disks to it.

Switching disks is easy. I did that through the options. When I load disk 2 as soon as I’m able to I save state. I do so by method of new state, on slot 7 & 8. I exit out of the app then try to reload it on my new saves and I can’t…I’ve tried to load content from both disk 1 and disk 2 then trying to load the states but it won’t let me. But here’s the thing, when I try and load my original save on state0 just before I have to load disk 2, I can load without a hitch.

My question is therefore, is there a method in which I can load a save from disk 2? because its not working for me. I assume there’s a way because if there wasn’t there would be no option to change disks… Thanks in advance!

You should use the ingame saves, relying on save states is just begging for bad things to happen.

If you really need to use states, try renaming them to match the name of the second disk.

“Gamename (Disk 1).state” -> “Gamename (Disk 2).state” for example.