Saved cores for auto open

I used the scan directory feature, and use that to load my games with a core automatically. I downloaded a core that doesn’t seem to work with my PC. And in the process, when loading a couple of games with said core, several games try to automatically load that core after I removed it. So RetroArch crashes. Is there a way to disassociate that file with a core? I’ll post a screen shot for an example of what I mean. Any way to reset this, so I can associate the roms with a different core? Without losing any other settings?

Go into retroarch/playlists folder and open Nintendo - Super Nintendo Entertainment System.lpl with a text editor. With notepad++ you can select the line that makes the association with whatever_core.dll do ctrl+H and replace them all with DETECT. (or do that manually if there is not too many)

Or you can kill your playlist and rescan your roms. If you don’t want a core to be associated with a rom put those clean playlists as read-only.

When they are clean (each rom line is on DETECT) you can chose the associated core in settings/playlists in retroarch menu.

[QUOTE=Tatsuya79;44909]Go into retroarch/playlists folder and open Nintendo - Super Nintendo Entertainment System.lpl with a text editor. With notepad++ you can select the line that makes the association with whatever_core.dll do ctrl+H and replace them all with DETECT. (or do that manually if there is not too many)

Or you can kill your playlist and rescan your roms. If you don’t want a core to be associated with a rom put those clean playlists as read-only.

When they are clean (each rom line is on DETECT) you can chose the associated core in settings/playlists in retroarch menu.[/QUOTE]

Thank you sir! This I will try, and let people know.

I do have a question as to what you mean by kill your playlist. Do you mean delete them?

Yes you can just go in retroarch/playlists folder and delete any .lpl file.

Then scan your roms again with retroarch.

(and put the lpl file as read-only if you don’t want it to get associated with some cores at rom launch)

This worked! Thank you so much!

So this doesn’t happen in the future, and I don’t post such stupid requests, is there a wiki, or some sort of instruction manual I can download for this? I hate to make posts about stuff that SHOULD seem super easy. But I suck at forum searching, and have ADHD, which makes searching a very hard chore as it is. But if I had like a wiki, or a guide of some sort to read, I could focus on that pretty well.