Savefile location on smartphone

Where are my saves on my phone ? Can’t find it. I want to backup my save files.

Ah, i found a way. I found it only from the phone and then copy to my sd cart and then copy it on the pc

1 Like

You can check the save file location as well as change it at: Settings > Directorys > Save file location.

If you play it in more than one device, it is usefull to sync the save and/or the rom folder with them, using some cloud service like as dropbox, mega or drive. This way, your saves always will be up to date, abling you to keep playing from where you stoped in any device.

Yes, i know, but i had no (full) read access from the PC into my phone, only into the sd-card, so i had to copy it from the main memory to the sd card.

Question: Can I select on all my 3 devices the same savefile-location (on my NAS)? So will this work or will i have 3 different savefiles then ? What if i have no internet for a short time and i try to save in pokemon ?

In this case, change the savefile-location to somewhere in the sd card. It would avoid the need to moving stuff around every time.

Well, as far as I know, retroarch can only access local directories. Then, if you can mount your NAS in some local directory, of course, you can do so. I’m pretty sure it is possible on Linux/Mac, not sure about Android and Windows, but it might have some app to mount network or something.

Once you are using the same ROM file and name, it will work.

Retroarch will automatically change the savefile-location to the default one (probably, the one you are using right now) and save it there. It won’t return to the NAS custom directory unless you manually do so at the settings again.

No but I am trying to find a solution.