Saving on PS1 memory card

Hi! I play ps1 games both on ps1 original console and on Retroarch when I’m not at home (I often travel for working reasons). I’d like to know if it is possible to transfer games’ savings from retroarch saving folder to the ps1 memory card (with an usb adapter) in order to continue the game on the console. Then it would be nice to do the viceversa, copying savings from memory card to the retroarch savings folder, and continue the game on retroarch. Is it possible to do so?

I’ve never tried such a thing, but I suspect it’s possible, as long as you have the core save to memory card format instead of ‘libretro’ format.

probably depends on whatever method you are gonna copy the memcard file to an actual ps1 memcard

from what i know, both beetle-psx and pcsx saves in “raw” 128k memcard format despite it having .srm extension. i could be misunderstanding what a “libretro” format save is though…

I made some search on the web and I found that it’s possible to transfer saves from ps1 memory card to pc and using them with an emulator (and viceversa). The are special programs to read/write from memory card. I think this could be an awesome feature for retroarch: the possibility to connect a ps1/ps2 memory card through a usb memory card adapter and save games directly in the memory card. What do you think? :grinning:

Addition: would it be possible (and easier) to make the possibility to save on a USB key? (Like on PS4)