Saving resolution settings

I set the resolution that I want and then press save config, but exiting and restarting doesn’t remember the resolution I set it as. How can I get it to stay at the resolution I want and not revert back to the default?

Thanks.

It reverts back as a safety precaution but there have been some requests to remove that allow the resolution changes to persist. I’m not sure how things will pan out, but I guess we’ll find out soon enough, as the 1.0.0.3 release should be coming fairly soon.

OK, thank you. :slight_smile:

I just want to reiterate my support for resolution saving. Having to set it every time is one of the first world problems I would love to be rid of.

lol I agree 100%!

Have a key combination to reset the resolution to default.

Out of curiosity, what kind of changes will we see in 1.0.3 if you don’t mind me asking? =D

Not a whole lot since the nightlies posted awhile back. I did just speak with SP and he seems okay with making resolutions stick. If you break something, though, you’ll just have to delete your cfg.

He worked on the input a few weeks ago and thought he had the sticking issue fixed but it still seems to be hanging around. It might be less of a deal now, though. Guess we’ll have to see. At this point, he’s pretty confident he’s done everything that can be done on the RetroArch side.

Wiimote remapping through RGUI should work now, as well. :slight_smile:

I don’t know anything about NGP input at the moment, but I think SP is rebasing the mednafen cores anyway, so I’ll try to make sure that’s under consideration.

Sounds like this is gonna be a good release then :slight_smile:

Any work on that input bug is good enough for me. Looking forward to 1.0.0.3.

Also, has there been any working to get those couple of GBA games running full speed? Not a big deal, just curious.

Not that I know of.

Not that I know of.[/quote]

The GBA games do run a crap load better, that’s for sure

Yeah hopefully resolutions will save in the next release. I’d say that’ll be it for the Wii port.

You think it’ll be it?

I’m glad the Wii platform wasn’t dropped, saving resolutions will hopefully be worthwhile. I would have liked the viWidth(Screen Width) changer, some consoles might not benefit much from the extra pixels but most handheld cores, FBA_Full and NeoGeo games can benefit from the wideness.

Every time they release a new version of Retroarch, I always say to myself “I would probably be just fine if this were the last version.”

And then they release another version that is even better.

So I’m done making those statements… I’m happy to keep upgrading as long as the team is willing to support the Wii.

I second this request! This is such a wonderfull emulator/emulators, specially in terms of sound. But I cannot for the life of me, save the resolutions I choose to play in, it may not seem like such a big deal, but it certainly is!

On my CRT the games look bad on 640x480 and part of the bottom and upper image is lost, and it lloks blurry. Instead if let’s say, I play a SNES game at its original res. that’d be 512x224, it looks perfect, just perfect in every way!!

But I have to change the freaking settings not only everytime I launch Retroarch, but everytime I launch a new game!

This is fucking ridiculous, I change the settings on every fraking CFG file but to no avail. 640x480 is hardcoded to the freaking software. Some would say, use Snes9x GX, but this emulator is soo much better is not even funny.

So yeah that’s my rant, anybody knows when will the next version come up??