Scan Recursively a directory for content (missing feature)

Hi, Retroarch has a Scan directory, for scanning content and adding it to a Playlist. Currently the Scan algorithm is very limited, because it will only scan inside the given folder without descending on the tree (sub-folders). This makes it very time consuming to add content that is separated by folders.

Example of a directory structure for some Systems a user can have (e.g. inside GBA folder):

ROMs
    GameFolderA
       rom.zip
       image.jpg
    GameFolderB
       rom.zip
       image.jpg
    GameFolderC
       rom.zip
       image.jpg
    (... hundreds more ...)
    GameFolderN
       rom.zip
       image.jpg

In this example, a Retroarch user needs to descend and scan each one subdirectory hundreds of times in order for the Content to be added to his Retroarch playlist. Shouldn’t there be an option to scan a directory recursively? (No need to be by default, it could be given as an option).

Recursive scanning would be convenient, yes, but I’m not a fan of the idea of putting a bunch of playlist scanning/management options into RetroArch. I think external scripts/utilities, of which there are quite a few floating around, make more sense in this case.

I’m just asking for recursive scanning, not adding management features. Also, it is what I expect when I do “Scan directory”. The UI should provide more feedback/info about a scan with no results at least.

As for 3rd party tools for playlist managenent, I dont know any for Linux.

This one compiles on linux: http://libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5434

Any update on this? Thank you.

Yes, recursive scanning is implemented and functional in the latest nightlies and will be included in the next point release.

Thank you guys, topic can be closed now.