Scanning directory not picking up all roms

hello is anyone having problems getting the scanning of a directory to list all roms? like my super Nintendo no intro set is only listing from the the letter k. the only rom set that’s fully listed is the n64

How many ROMs are actually getting indexed? That is, do you get a consistent number of entries when things are left off?

it scan the entire directory such as snes but afterwards the LPL file will have only listed a quarter of them. like my Atari playlist is starting at space invaders and ending at z. or the genesis list only lists about 10 percent of what I have in the folder where as for the n64 scan it lists every single rom on LPL so I don’t know if its something to do with the way the LPL is writing to my drive or it cant handle that many roms scanned at once?

Oh just to mention I am running windows 10 not saying that should matter but is it possible the os have some security stopping the program from creating a large text file on my hard drive I know that’s way out but it crossed my mind

This is because RetroArch v1.2.2 only allow 999 roms in one single lpl playlist, using “Add content” option or lpl playlist manually added.

I thought this issue already resolve on #1946. Is it not?

I don’t think this limit still exists. I’ve got a playlist with 177 780 lines for 29 630 roms that is working fine with XMB.

Well, if you’re on an up to date Retroarch version that is.